Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2006, 07:59 AM

Kc Name

Hi

Just been reading through the stuff the breeder gave to me when i ppicked up Ruby and i have noticed on her KC registration document the name on it is someone i have never heard of. It is not the breeder. Could it be the Dams owner??

I am trying to contact the breeder to find out if i am supposed to do anything with this. Any ideas?
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2006, 08:00 AM
PS: Her kennel name is Bubbles of Moet... which i think is quite apt as i love the champers!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 08:33 AM
The dams owner is usually the breeder, unless you have bought your puppy from the owner of the stud dog, in which case your puppy could have been the stud fee. Did you see Ruby's mum at the time you picked her and then when you collected her? It is only the breeder that can KC register the puppy.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Normally the name of the person you purchase puppy from is the breeder named on KC. Unless the puppy's not being sold by breeder for some reason.

The KC form completed and sent to Kennel Club for transfer of ownership to you.

Min xxx
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
awwww
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2006, 09:37 AM
The breeder owner the sire and the dam was there with the pups, but i know that she does sometimes look after other peoples and sometimes uses them for breeding. I will have to speak to her.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 02:53 PM
If she sold you the puppy and perpertrated as the breeder of that pup you will be entitled to take it further I would have though she was breaking the law by doing that.

Am I right in thinking you bought the puppy from her believing her to be the breeder and it turns out she was just a middle-man?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Lets hope there is an explanation, sounds a bit strange to me. If she was doing a friend a favour she should have told you, if she is acting as a dealer I doubt the dogs you saw were the pups dam and sire. Did she have the whole litter?