View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:29 PM
So so so so sad tonight I can see Dave's been crying too Georgie even got up to greet him tonight and followed him into his bedroom with Zena, although those back legs are really deteriorating very badly in only just a few days too

He's spent the evening zz'ding in the lounge beside Dave which is unusual for him coz he's usually zonked out in the kitchen by the back door. I got up to give him a big cuddle and Dave had to leave the room, I bet he can't understand how normal I can be at a time like this, but of course, I don't want Georgie to read any bad vibes off me, nor Zena come to that, so it's best that I just act normally with Georgie. It's going to be a very different story when I lay him on his side in his bed later on, knowing that it will be for the very last time, and he'll give me those gentle groans that he always does when he feels how much love I'm sending him through those tight hugs, he just adores them, and he's got lots of extras tonight from all of you, and he'll be getting every single one of them!

I managed to get him out the back just now when he was on the move, but I quickly settled him down out in his bootroom, coz it's much better for him on a soft comfy bed than where he wants to be in that kitchen on the hard floor, and I won't have to get him up later on to put him out there. He's happy, he's got half a dozen tripe sticks to occupy him, and later on, he's got some very special treats for bedtime.

Oh Lordy, it's not going to be an easy night is it, knowing what's in store for me tomorrow, but as you said Sally, along with everybody else, it really doesn't matter how I feel about it does it, it's the best thing I can do for him, and in all honestly, yes, it will be a great relief to me that I won't have to break my heart every time I watch the poor old fella walking about on those back legs. He always had such a fantastic gait from behind, he's got a real motor going on there in his back end, one that I've never seen before in any of my shepherds, they've all been more bouncy trotters, but not old Georgie, he's always pushed out so well at a walk, from that motor at the back, and sadly, it's all too tired to do the work now, let alone hold him up properly, no muscle left to work them, they're collapsing under the strain of all that extra weight with the cushings, it's all so very, very sad to watch him now

I told him I was sending him off to meet Cassie again tomorrow, he rested his head on my knee and looked up at me with his gorgeous, cloudy blue eyes, and I know that he knows , I'm sure he's grateful that he has someone who can read the signs he's now giving off to me, and although he really doesn't want to leave us, he knows he must, he'll go gently and peacefully for me tomorrow now, he trusts me so explicitly that I will be doing the right thing by him, after so much borrowed time, but that time has now run out

Totally exhausted now, but I have some reserves which I will have in force for tomorrow don't you worry!xxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:31 PM
We will be thinking of you tomorrow.sending Fudgey woos and Buttony waggles.......
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Once again I've got trouble seeing the PC screen
Helen you are being so brave.
I hope you get the strength to get through tonight, we will all be praying for you.
Please look after yourself too xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:35 PM
In tears here Helen. Sending you all my love and extra strength for tomorrow. Wishing that incredible precious old fella a very peaceful and gentle journey across the bridge. My Leo will be waiting for him xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh H - I just want to give you all a big hug! The love you have for your special boy is shining out of the posts you send. We all know you will do the best by your big fella tomorrow and I hope you will feel us all there holding your hand and rubbing Georgie's great bear head.

I hope you and Dave manage to get some sleep tonight, ready for tomorrow.

Take care xxxxxxxxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:53 PM
So very very sorry. Georgie is one very special boy.
xxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:58 PM
{{{hugs}}}

I can remember all too well having to do the exact same thing many years ago with Woody. A horrible decision to make, but absolutely the right one to make for old Georgie if you think he's deteriorating.

He'll thank you for it one day H. X
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Aitch, I'm sure you know that all of us will be with you in spirit when you send Georgie over the Bridge.....

x0x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:05 PM
just lots of hugs here through my own tears for you and georgie.

He has all of Dogsey thinking of him as he heads over Rainbow bridge.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Helena - the very, very best for you tomorrow my old friend.

Hal will be there across the Bridge waiting for Georgie, as will a gazillion other Dogsey boys who we have said goodbye to ... he will be in good hands, or rather, good paws!

You are a strong, brave girl, because you are doing what is right for your dog and not necessarily what is right for you and Dave.

Big hugs and howls from us this end, me, Tai and Ben xxx
Page 11 of 31 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »