Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2018, 09:43 AM

Daily Thread,Wednesday, 17th January

Good morning everyone, Still far from right .Having to change my medication as it is making me sick with stomach pains etc. Hopefully I shall be better on Allopurinol for a while.

Sounds like you had a good time Sue, lucky you all that lovely weather that's what we could do with.

Lynn, hope Gill is progressing ok and lovely Dillon is ok.

Harvey, hope Casey is a bit better than he has been and Lara is ok.

Griff, I don't think I could put up with a load of banging and noise from next door either.

Mandy, Brenda, Norma, Jenny, Sue and Barry hope all is well in your worlds. Have a good day, stay safe and well, God bless. xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Hello Moyra Nice to see you posting here again, missed your daily thread even 'tho others kept it going while you were in hospital.

Casey is doing better, his appetite is much improved, but he is now on four different medications so we are just grateful for each and every day he is with us.

Of course he doesn't know he has all these medical problems so his brain still says "I want to go for a walk" I have cut down the length quite a bit. He managed a mile and half on Monday.

Lara is the complete opposite, when it is wet and cold she will stay inside and I take Casey on his own
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2018, 03:24 PM
God afternoon Moyra, Harvey and all who follow

Sorry you have been in hospital Moyra and still not feeling right. Hopefully the new medication will work for you.

Lara is a sensible girl then Harvey, why get wet when you dont have to Hopefully Casey's mediation will keep him going for a good while longer.

Pleased Gill is home Lynn and hopefully all the help she is meant to be having will get put into place.

Yes Moyra I enjoyed the time there other than getting a little sun burnt and being bitten by the mosquitoes even with an insect spray they just seem to know when fresh blood is around

Been busy today and also got up late. Two loads of bedding washed and ironed and towels still blowing on the line. Barry also went to the dentist about his tooth that had fallen out. Roots still there but leave for a while to see what happens. Whilst he was there Teazle and I had a good walk along the front or rather we were blown along

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Stay safe
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Good afternoon all!
Moyra, I hope your feet get better soon. Must be debilitating.

Today has been very cold here with quite a strong wind - around 18-20mph early and with early temperature hovering around 0C, pretty unpleasant.

Walked a few times today, the first at 06:00. The street lights are out here so it is pretty dark at that time of day. Our dog is mostly black and my night vision isn't brilliant. Just have to trust that the dog will be obedient.

This was a little bit of a test. It used to be that he wouldn't go out in the dark. Maybe associated with fireworks. But this time was just fine. Another step.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Walked a few times today, the first at 06:00.
Flippin heck 06:00 what time is that

My last 'day job' I used to have to getup at 04:30 on a Monday and around 05:30 the rest of the week.

Now I only do a few hours a week on the PC so 07:30 is the very earliest you'll see me, yesterday I looked out the window around that time and decided it was much nicer under the duvet than out in the rain

Casey now knows that he gets his walk after I've had my lunch and finished on the 'puter.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2018, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Flippin heck 06:00 what time is that
Dark o'clock.........
A little tail from yesterday.
Outside our front gate is a green. I can stroll out the front gate with Max and there it is. Frost and all.

Later we walked again, then again in the afternoon.
My dear wife had gone shopping with a neighbour. They take the bus. When we got back from the afternoon walk, Max was reluctant to come in. He laid on the grass looking down the the path waiting for my wife.

He just knows it's about time.
I let him. Tell him to sit. He does. And waits.
What more could we ask for...