Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SRS Scotland
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:54 PM

Ziggy

Ziggy is approximately 4 years old and has the most amazing coloured coat. The photos do not do him justice. Ziggy finds himself looking for a new home through no fault of his own. He is currently living in a flat with no garden.

Ziggy loves nothing more than to walk or play outside. His recall is fairly good and he walks reasonably on lead. We are looking for an adult only home as he can be quite nervous when small children are around. He is not keen on other dogs so would need to be the only dog in the house.

Ziggy can be quite anxious and needs an experienced owner who can help to build his confidence. He is a master at "staffie talk" and can hold some very interesting conversations with you! He is also one of the few dogs that can mimic a human smile!

He is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped and loves nothing more than cuddles and belly rubs.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I had a photo shoot with the lovely Ziggy, here are some of the images that I took!

SRS Scotland
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Ziggy has gone to Rainbow Bridge.

This week we have had to make a decision you never wish to make in rescue.

Christine and I met Ziggy two years ago when he first came into rescue. He was always an intense wee guy, he had zero confidence; a result of living in a home environment where he was completely misunderstood. Lisa our behaviourist has worked with Ziggy throughout this time.

Recently as you all know, Ziggy moved into foster with our friend and colleague Tracie. Some of you also know that Tracie and Ian are as experienced a foster home as you could hope to find. In her home Ziggy found at last the love and understanding he needed. Unfortunately, he had obviously growled in the past and been beaten for it, as he proceeded to bite 3 people (including Ian) without giving any warning behaviour. He had also bitten two people previously, including Lisa.

With this in mind and after several sleepless nights, the 7 of us along with Tracie and Ian made the decision that we could not in good conscience place Ziggy in a home. We got consultations from three vets and Ziggy was found to be in physical health, but obviously the mental scarring was too deeply engrained. A life of isolation in kennels would have been a miserable existence for him.

Most of you have met us, you'll know that we are 7 decent people who would never take this decision lightly. We went over every single wee detail with a fine-tooth comb.

For Ziggy to be so uncharacteristic of the breed, he may well have been badly bred in the first place; reinforced by unsuitable owners in the past.
I feel that he was letting us know that love could not save him, and we all hope now that our boy has found peace at the Bridge.

Rest in peace Ziggy. x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by SRS Scotland View Post
Ziggy has gone to Rainbow Bridge.

This week we have had to make a decision you never wish to make in rescue.

Christine and I met Ziggy two years ago when he first came into rescue. He was always an intense wee guy, he had zero confidence; a result of living in a home environment where he was completely misunderstood. Lisa our behaviourist has worked with Ziggy throughout this time.

Recently as you all know, Ziggy moved into foster with our friend and colleague Tracie. Some of you also know that Tracie and Ian are as experienced a foster home as you could hope to find. In her home Ziggy found at last the love and understanding he needed. Unfortunately, he had obviously growled in the past and been beaten for it, as he proceeded to bite 3 people (including Ian) without giving any warning behaviour. He had also bitten two people previously, including Lisa.

With this in mind and after several sleepless nights, the 7 of us along with Tracie and Ian made the decision that we could not in good conscience place Ziggy in a home. We got consultations from three vets and Ziggy was found to be in physical health, but obviously the mental scarring was too deeply engrained. A life of isolation in kennels would have been a miserable existence for him.

Most of you have met us, you'll know that we are 7 decent people who would never take this decision lightly. We went over every single wee detail with a fine-tooth comb.

For Ziggy to be so uncharacteristic of the breed, he may well have been badly bred in the first place; reinforced by unsuitable owners in the past.
I feel that he was letting us know that love could not save him, and we all hope now that our boy has found peace at the Bridge.

Rest in peace Ziggy. x
Aww that's sad
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Rest In Peace Ziggy.

Beautiful Boy. Sad situation
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I’m sad to hear the news, I had the pleasure of meeting him and doing a photo shoot with him to try and help him get re-homed. R.I.P. Ziggy.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by GSDlover4ever View Post
I’m sad to hear the news, I had the pleasure of meeting him and doing a photo shoot with him to try and help him get re-homed. R.I.P. Ziggy.
its really sad isn't it, breaks my heart today it really does
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I actually cried when I read about it It is so sad another poor dog. I think you guys at SRS had a near impossible task with this guy he had been failed buy humans and the damage done long before you could have any input.

Sleep tight Ziggy free from the stress and pain at least you knew warmth and love to the end
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of the news, he looked gorgeous, it's just such a shame that he was let down so badly by people before you got him.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 01:06 PM
awwww poor fella it's all ways a shame something like this happens :<
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >