Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 08:43 AM

Day 11 in the Mikey (Khal) house...long long post

Wellllllll where do I start I'm beginning to think I should write a book on this laddy of mine!!

Khal is a totally wonderful, amusing, intelligent, VERY CHEEKY lad! Obviously this has shown more in the last few days we've had him here.

It all started one morning when I looked into the garden after letting them out for a wee to see Khal wasnt in the dogs bit, he was in the kids bit of the garden. This only had a 4 foot fence (basically just a leisurely step over for him )so I bought 2 foot trellis to run across the top of it to keep him out....did it work? NOPE Instead of trying to climb over it, he had taken a running jump & gone head 1st straighht through it So that was idea one outta the window we've now fixed that by buying extra long fencing posts & extra thick trellis panels!

The fence that leads into our neighbours garden had been broken in winds a few weeks back, we secured it enough to keep the dogs in....well we thought we had, until we realised Khal had climbed onto the kids slidey & jumped over the fence..only realising this when I could hear him barking from next door!The house is empty & there are workmen in there cleaning it all out, Kahl had gone to say Hi , they usually talk to the dogs over the fence & obviously as he is so big the men had almost pooped their pants They were saying to him out you go, good dog....but as he likes to back answer people he started barking at them We have now had a brand new fence erected that he can only just peek his beady lil eyes over the top of when hes full stretch

I left Khal in the kitchen while I watered the garden as he loves to chew the end of the hose while its on full blast I came back into the kitchen to see he'd been surfing the worktops, eaten a full packet of custard creams, 2 lots of icing I'd prepared for a cake, a full box of puppy food & half a bottle of diet coke Needless to say that was a long night as he was soooooo sick!!

Next in the diary of Khal...thats if your still reading this far is his love of trying to chase birds...4 loads of washing hanging on the line, a bird lands on the line , Khal decides to jump for it = 4 loads of clean washing all over the ground & me needing a replacement washing line.

Anyone ever need rid of their wheeliebin?? Mine dissappeared out of sight before my eyes We have 3 trellis planters that hide the wheely bins, WELLLLL this big monster can dig for England He'd been at the other side of the wheely bin, had dug a hugggggeeee hole & the wheelie bin had fell into it So Ive now bought a few extra paving slabs and covered up his trail of destruction!

All in all, hes cost us a fortune BUT at the end of the day he is so adorable & luckily I have a pretty wicked sense of humour he just makes me giggle. If I tell him off he answers me back!!! plus the garden is now strong enough to house an elephant if ever needs be Hes just like a toddler at terrible 2 stage.

In all seriousness though , Ruby, Sasi & Khal are getting on brilliantly. He has really taken a shine to Ruby & licks her face when shes drooling after her energetic walk Lies with his paw over her...its true love I tells ya
sasi still hangs off his ears, hes used to it now though & instead of growling just gives her a mikey special paw swipe that sends her reeling across the floor!!

Thankyou for reading guys, sorry its soooo long

Bev xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Awww, thats so lovely to read, he sounds a proper character and how wonderful that you can see him for being the mischevious youngster that he is...I'm sure, once he's grown up a bit, you will be able to leave him unattended and still have a garden and some food and drink to come back to

Thanks for the update, I'm so pleased that he has fitted in so well and that all the furries are getting on together xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2011, 08:56 AM
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I think that young man has well and truly landed on his paws. Well done for sticking with him both emotionally and financially! A lot of weaker people would have walked away. He sounds like a challenge but a fantastic one at that! He was meant to find you!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Awww, thats so lovely to read, he sounds a proper character and how wonderful that you can see him for being the mischevious youngster that he is...I'm sure, once he's grown up a bit, you will be able to leave him unattended and still have a garden and some food and drink to come back to

Thanks for the update, I'm so pleased that he has fitted in so well and that all the furries are getting on together xx
He has an amazing sense of humour , my favourite bit of him is letting him out of his crate on a morning, he waggs his tail so much & with so much force he floors himself

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
I think that young man has well and truly landed on his paws. Well done for sticking with him both emotionally and financially! A lot of weaker people would have walked away. He sounds like a challenge but a fantastic one at that! He was meant to find you!
Tilly, you've brought tears to my eyes , but in a nice way I think he was meant to be here too & couldnt ever imagine this house with out him to fill it It was fate!

Bev x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:07 AM
LOL---loving it.

Enjoy the lesson tonight.

rune
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Awwww sounds like you have your work cut out and I am just so pleased he has finally found someone willing to stick with him and his 'little faults' rather than just pass him on again

I am just sooooo happy for Mikey, Khal
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:17 AM
He certainly sounds like he's settled in well, renovating and everything! Love his new name too. Sounds like he's in his forever home, good to hear!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:22 AM
you should write a book id buy it i can picture the pup going flying across the floor
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Well done for sticking with him He will improve with age then you'll probably miss antics

Gotta admit I'm laughing at his antics it brings back such memories of when my Simba was a pup but like you you've just gotta laugh or you'd never stop if you started crying!!!

Keep us updated - you've really cheered my day up
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >