Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
buddythedob
New Member!
Male 

18-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Doberman Diarrhoea and Vomiting

My dob is about 4 years old. For the last couple of weeks she is having a bad diarrhoea (not bloody) accompanied by vomiting(sometimes after eating). Her poop is totally watery and brown with little lumps of semi solid(proabably undigested food...hard to tell). I took her to the vet and got a stool test done. The report couldn't detect anything in her stool. I have had her on ornidazol 500mg and oflaxin 200mg for 10 days but that didn't do any good. Right now she is on a probiotic for the last 4 days but there has been no improvement. My vet says its probably just indigestion and instructed to give him bland food like boiled rice and curd/chicken boiled. I tried both for a couple of days each but it didn't do any good. Right now she is having rice and curd. She poops almost immediately after eating(totally watery) and a couple of times after till her stomach is clear I think. She is having plenty of water but she has lost a lot of weight. I can literally see her rib cage. I am totally at my wits end. I don't what I should do. I am going to take her to see a different Vet next week.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Try giving very small amounts of fish and steamed potato over the day so as not to overload the tummy. Rice and chicken can cause lots of problems if the dog is sensitive to those ingredients.
buddythedob
New Member!
Male 

19-05-2017, 12:09 PM
OK. Thanks for replying. I will try that and let you know how that turns out
Dr. Dennis Thomas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Fast her for 24 hours (water only) and let the gut desensitize. Then start her back on small amounts of green lentils. Dogs are carnivores and need protein. Rice and potato are starch which promote inflammation. Lentils are mild and non-irritating to the bowel and are a good source of protein. If she is continuing to vomit, take her to the vet asap or she will get dehydrated and then you have another problem that will require hospitalization. Someone needs to dig deeper for the cause. Good luck.
buddythedob
New Member!
Male 

20-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks for all the reply. Buddy is doing a little better today. I didn't poop yesterday night after eating and today in the afternoon she pooped but it was semi solid. At least its not runny like water. I guess that's an improvement. I will update again tomorrow
buddythedob
New Member!
Male 

21-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Update...Buddy is doing fine now. He is eating properly and seems in a lot better spirit.