Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 01:49 PM

Popular puppy!

Took T out today.

Her harness came through the post so I buckled her into the car, took her for a drive down to our local tesco and stood outside the shop holding her.

I felt like such a berk just stood there but at least it got her used to cars, people, children, trolleys and busy crowds etc.

SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!

She had loads of admirers come up and she just loved the fuss.

However, one thing I noticed. I'm stood there with a 10 week old puppy who looks as cute as pie, children were looking and pulling to come and see her and mothers were pulling them away and giving me rather nasty looks

Sorry I could understand it if I was stood there with a huge dog foaming at the mouth, but does this looks aggressive?

Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Aww she's a cutie.

You do have to bear in mind tho that so many parents are wary of anyone who stands outside a shop with a puppy whether it me a man or a woman. There are so many stories of children being taken by someone who has tempted them away by showing them puppies
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
Aww she's a cutie.

You do have to bear in mind tho that so many parents are wary of anyone who stands outside a shop with a puppy whether it me a man or a woman. There are so many stories of children being taken by someone who has tempted them away by showing them puppies
Well yes, that's true I suppose. But I'm 17 and was stood there with my 15 year old sister
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually, they were probably thinking 'I'm trying to get everything done on my weekend off, and don't you dare show my child that puppy - she'll be off about wanting one again'

Like my mum would've - I was always after a puppy but when I saw someone else with one ...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh your puppy is so cute,I can understand the logic of children and strangers with puppies but if children are with their parents isn't that different I wouldn't of stopped my children or wouldn't stop my granchildren looking at a puppy because I would be with them.And how could you resist that puppy.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 02:03 PM
hehe - thanks Zantababy

I'd have thought it was different too - I suppose we could have looked a little strange just stood there... but unless someone had been watching us a long time they wouldn't know we weren't waiting for someone.

Perhaps it was my hair that scared them away... it's mad and curly today

She was so well behaved as well! It's not like she was wriggling about and biting me - she was sat quietly looking at the world go by and every now again put her head on my shoulder and gave me a quick lick

She's such a good puppy.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Actually, they were probably thinking 'I'm trying to get everything done on my weekend off, and don't you dare show my child that puppy - she'll be off about wanting one again'

Like my mum would've - I was always after a puppy but when I saw someone else with one ...
Yep that's pob more like it to be honest, but if it was me with OH and kids I'd be dragging them with me to go see it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Sounds like my hair,mad and curly.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
Yep that's pob more like it to be honest, but if it was me with OH and kids I'd be dragging them with me to go see it
hehe yes

You don't find many dallies in Sheffield and as they're my favourite, when I saw one in the park whilst walking my friend's dog for her, I didn't want to go over - didn't know what it'd be like with lucy - but me, being sad, wanted to at least watch it and see it's movement and the way it interacted etc. but Lucy decided at that moment we were going to chase something down a VERY narrow path I still have that arm somehow.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2005, 03:09 PM
She gorgeous
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >