Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 07:36 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 25th November

Good morning everyone, Well I hope that plumber is coming back today to fix the leak under the sink.

Lynn, I feel so sorry for your Mark with what he is having to put up with. It's terrible the way these firms carry on.

June, glad you are going to get some help with that wardrobe moving. Your back is bad enough without getting involved in large furniture moving.

LG we take it your ECG went ok and your wallet is still safely in reasonable tack.

Griff you poor lass you have got in a very low state, we all wish you better.

Hope all our other lovely peeps are keeping ok and have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Morning Moyra and everyone.
Thought I would give you all a shock and sign in early!
Brian is expecting a phone call from his GP about his hernia at 8am so we were supposed to be up early .....guess what we over slept, we never do that!
Have a good day everyone, be back later.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Morning all.

Off to work shortly and a first aid course . Well I had to let one of my nightcrew new lads go last night - and got a lovely text from him saying he was sorry he could not meet the requirements and he has loved working with us and his Mom said she had never known nyone been let go yet feel so good about it he apologised for letting me down "he has been with us 15 days had 9 rota shifts tand not arrived for 5 of them LOL" a nice lad but not good for us.

Not a good day here yesterday it was a year since my Dad died a fall hospital then sadly no recovery. But a nice ending he passed away in his sleep in hospital the first time we had left him - people say that often happens. But we are getting there, some families fall apart but ours grew closed mostly to encircle Mom.

Anyhow dog walked, fed and my scrambled egg and toast eaten, my coffee
drunk off I go see you all later.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Just re read my post and thought I must say ENJOY EVERY MOMENT WITH YOUR LOVED ONES and respect everyone else.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Good morning Moyra and Nippy and all who follow

Hope the phone call brings good news for Brian.

Hugs to you Griff but don't beat yourself up

Lynn I feel so sorry for Mark and the way he is being treated but thats what they are like unfortunately. When my youngest was waiting over here for his residence visa for Brazil to come through he applied to them and got a job. On the morning he was due to start just as he was leaving he received a message don't come in we will contact you when you start - never heard from them again. They are rubbish employers but at the end of the day money is money and he needs it. Hopefully something will come along in the new year for him.

Hope all went well for you Gordon both at the hospital and the wallet department.

Lovely day here, dry, very windy but the sun is trying to come out. Load of washing out blowing happily away on the line. Another trip to the tip I think this morning then nothing else planned.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Well Mark got a message at 10.20 last night telling him not to go in today he is back Monday. So they are punishing him for their poor behaviour.
We knew amazon were not the best to work for but he does need the money and it is weekly pay.
What with the first hiccup recruiting far to many people than they have work for he has not done a full 4 days work in the past 3 weeks. Next week will be a very poor paid week for him.
Not sure what state of mind he is in today as he is taking advantage of the lie-in.
He will undoubtedly be trawling the internet for jobs back in Essex and temp jobs to tide him over for a few weeks or possibly months.
I am furious but he is not a little boy anymore and has to fight his own battles and he will.

Good luck with phone call Nippy Jen. Hope you didn't miss it. Hope wardrobe moving goes well and that you are feeling brighter today griff.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Morning all. Kazz love the sound of drunk coffee. Is that because it has a tot or two in it. My sense of humour and my type of drink. Need it these days. This time of year I remember my mum and dad because I lost my mum in very early December. Which is why I put my decorations up early in memory of her. She loved Christmas. Always remember going with her and dad to collect the bird and apples for Christmas from the local farm. Then the tree. Oh well doesn't do sometimes to reminisce to much. Griff deep breath girlie. Lynn I am sure things will work out for you all. Moyra just wrap a cloth round the drip and put a bucket under it for now or you will end up with a soggy floor that won't dry out in this weather. Hi Sue hope all is well with you and him. Nippy good to see you again on here. bfn folks.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
"he has been with us 15 days had 9 rota shifts and not arrived for 5 of them LOL"
Hi Kazz, TBH I'm not sure that a LOL is appropriate.

That's a 30% non attendance record I'm strugling to think of any job where that would be acceptable, still it's nice you took the time to let him down gently, had it been me I would have just handed him his P45 and told him to go, now that does warrent a LOL
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Morning All.
Hope all went well for Nippy and Brian over the phonecall and whatever that entails.
Lynn - I'm sure things will work out for your lad - even though he is being treated in a most shoddy manner by his employers.
It always shocks me as to the way people get treated nowadays, I am probably very old fashioned but I employ a few people and would never treat them like these big employers do. My people don't have set quotas or times and are treated with courtesy. I'm not a soft touch, but find that a bit of goodwill goes an awful long way. Given my set-up a paternalistic attitude is the only one that works well, respect flows both ways. I'm in the enviable position where I not only get on with but like my staff.
Brenda - glad you enjoy Christmas, so we should (although I do pretend to be a bit of a Humbug). Yesterday we had a lovely time at the Manchester Xmas Fair - some terrifc things to see and buy. Didn't get home till 9pm.
The ECG performance was acomplished and the results will go forward to my transplant team - I'm back there on Monday for arterial and circulatory tests. Never a dull moment eh?
I'm now going out with the dogs onto a brightly sunlit moor, it's quite lovely here today, I'll not be back home until 4pm, when it will be time to lock up the poultry etc.
Have a good day everyone - bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I'm not a soft touch, but find that a bit of goodwill goes an awful long way. Given my set-up a paternalistic attitude is the only one that works well, respect flows both ways. I'm in the enviable position where I not only get on with but like my staff.
'evening Gordon, have to say that this is how the employer / employee relationship should be but sadly it is very rarely found in firms now, especially large ones.

You are very fortunate to be in the business you are in and to have people who know their job.

My last 'day job' was a contract engineer, that meant I was 'placed' in a lot of different firms (Some contracts only lasted 6 months) I had the opportunity to observe managent abilities in many firms and without doubt the problem with so many middle managers was that they had not worked their way up from the bottom, many were barely out of some 'red brick' unniversity, done a crash course on 'how to handle people' and fast tracked into a 'management' position. They had no 'hands on' experience. I once had to explain to one such 'manager' how installing some equipment on the top of a mountain in Sweeden was not the same as doing that in leafy Surrey, there was no road access for a start He had never thought about that
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >