View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 07:38 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 11th November, Armistice Day.

Good morning all, my thoughts are with all the souls we lost in the first two world wars and those subsequently killed and maimed. God be with them all. For some reason no poppy collections within the local shops so no poppy for me this year.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today. Mandy hope you enjoy your trip out and your meal out too.

June, sorry about your car, hope they can repair it fairly cheaply. Hope the girls were good last night.

Lynn and Jenny hope all is well with you two and Pepsi and Dillon are well.

Harvey, LG, Brenda, Norma, gnasher et al hope you are all ok.

Have a good day everyone. stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, and remember our fallen at 11am today. God bless.
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Moyra
Attending the service today will ware an extra poppy on your behalf God bless
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks Norma, I hope this lack of poppies in our local shops is not a sign of the times when people have no time or thought for our lost souls.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Well said Moyra! I had a real struggle to buy my poppies this year too - managed eventually yesterday when I popped over to the fabric mill shop in Northampton and they had a tin on the counter. I shall wear my mother's poppy collector's badge today - both her and my father were heavily involved in the British Legion in Kegworth. Dad was President, and every year he would stand all day outside the Co-op with his collecting tin on the last Saturday before the Armistice Day Sunday service come rain and shine. In latter years, when he got to about 85, he reluctantly agreed to sit. It wasn't until 3 or so years before his death at aged 92 that he gave up! Mum was a poppy collector for decades, only giving up when she was about 86! I have Dad's Gold Badge he was awarded here in my possession - I have got to present it to the Kegworth British Legion as he left it to them in his will, and I think I will give Mum's brooches as well, and just keep one for myself.

Have a good day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 08:46 AM
That's wonderful Nikki, I am sure their efforts were appreciated. There doesn't seem to be any like them around these days, I hope that it is not true though.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Morning all.
Kyla asked her Grampy if she could have a poppy. Paul asked her if she knew why we wear them. She said "yes to remember the nice people who didn't like the nasty man" Out of the mouths of babes!

I am looking after my neighbours Yorkie this morning because they have a hospital appointment. So at the moment I have 2 dogs sat side by side in the hall howling because Brian has gone to the bathroom
Have a good day all
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Nippy, poor Brian is not allowed to go to his ablutions without interruption from them both. I take it they both get on very well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Nice clear dry day. I've not seen a poppy person either, a!though I've kept my eye open. Maybe it's fear of 'offending' a certain sect who kill and maim
Wheely bin against the chewed door every night with a piece of wood behind it seems to have deterred Madam's nocturnal munching, for how long I don't know.
They don't make your fathers type anymore Nikki, mores the pity
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Good morn all.

Just got back from the dump, 8 huge bags of leafs given to them as a pressie.
Had to then do a bit of shopping so late on here this morning.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Moyra, they get on well in that they ignore each other
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >