View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Griff, so sorry you have had such a lot on your plate. Hope Kota is ok now. Take care. Is today chemo day, take it easy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 01:30 PM
It's o.k Moyra...i have broad shoulders Lol..my nan was catholic and she always told me that god never sends you more than you can handle.Yep, chemo day today, so just chilling for a bit will make sure i get a little walk later as my consultant says i have to have exercise every day...groan Lol i will have to go and make myself look presentable for going out in public
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
at least it isn't my aunty ginny as she is like my best mate and i would be gutted
Still not nice that you were the one to tell Mum. Sounds to me like you get to do a lot jobs that maybe others should do but then we all know you're a generous lass
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Lol...i am crap with bad news..i don't sugar coat stuff, just blurt it out Lol...worst one was my brothers mate, the old chap had a fall and was rushed to hospital..my bro lives in london and they knew the old boy wasn't going to make it, i called my bro and told him to get a train asap, i then got a calloff the police to tell me the old fella had passed away...i called my brother and i just sort of blurted out "don't break your neck ruxhing home..he's gone" whoops
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
paid via Paypal.
Barry, I point blank refuse to have anything to do with PayPal because:-
1) They never answer my e-mails
2) They will not give an address for a snail mail
3) They will often refuse my card unless I register with them which I will not do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my credit card, I subsequently ordered from another supplier who offered PayPal and SagePay so of course I went with SagePay and the transaction went through with no problems.

The devious little muppets at PayPal want you to register with them so they can track your lifestyle, how much you spend and with whom, and then of course earn money by selling that data to other suppliers. If you read all their T&C's you'll find them littered with weasel words. No one knows for sure (except the fraudsters and hackers) where your personal data is stored, who has access to it, how secure are the doors and entrances to wherever it is stored.

PayPal need me more than I need them and it's going to stay that way

As as for Screwfix, they have gone downhill rapidly since the original owners sold off the business to one of the big DIY chains (Was it B&Q )

In the last five times I have been into the Bury St. Edmunds store they have been 'out of stock' three times, and one iten which is in their catalogue and on their web site is not available and probably never will be

Wherever possible I use Axminster Power Tools in Devon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..i don't sugar coat stuff, just blurt it out Lol...
Well sometimes that's the best way, diffferent situations need different approaches.

Hope things calm down a bit for you now. Like reading your posts even 'tho I'm not good at replying

Comming up to walkies time, Casey has already moved into the study and is lying behind me, the slightest move I make which could be interpreted as going out is greeted with whines and soon barking so I had better get going
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Was thinking about Kota and her op the other day and glad it went well, I'm sure it will be a wart or something, I had a dobie once who got a wart on his eyelid and its got to go really hasn't it, can't stay there otherwise no eye!! Sorry to hear about your aunt, its an awful thing to have to tell your mum about.
Felt and looked at Cariad's lump and it has closed up but is stil a lump. My appt is 5pm tomorrow, the storm is here overnight and in the morning and will be gone by 2 according to various weather sites, so we are OK to go,because not a chance of me venturing out in rush hour in that sort of weather and 60mph winds
Everyone had a walk and gave them a good tidy up as it will be a Duvet Day tomorrow for all of us.Nice afternoon here and now I've had a sit down, butty and mug of tea, watched Doctors I'm going to get the beds done and tidy up. They've got lamb ribs for tea tonight, so easy enough - all I do is hand them out, skip out and done and dusted.
Harvey have a lovely walk with Casey and Lara, they must think they're in Newfoundland Heaven after their previous lives.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Never used Paypal or EBay and don't intend to!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2017, 05:59 PM
griff sorry you have had a lot to deal with. Fingers crossed kota's biopsy comes back clear.
Evening Harvey and Twix.

Dillon had his 3rd injection and he is now 61. something kgs missed the bit after the point but he is going in the right direction downwards from 63 kgs.
So we are all pleased last of the course next Wednesday.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
missed the bit after the point but he is going in the right direction
Doesn't matter Lynn, as you say he's heading in the right direction, every ounce he looses helps with his leg. Sorry to use the 'old money' but it doesn't sound right to say 'every gram'
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >