View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I've had Coco for a year now and I do worry that people may think she's "of type". A few people have said she looks "of type". As she is a rescue I don't know her background but the vet told me she thinks she's staffie..either long legged or cross. Because of my worry about the way she looks I keep her under strict control and never let her off lead when there are people or other dogs around. I do this because of negativity towards bull breeds and if anything happened involving her, I would find it very hard to prove anything about her background. It's just me protecting my little baby.... responsible owner and all that!
I met a girl in a nearby town a few weeks ago and she had the most beautiful gentle bullie i've ever met.....the mistake she made was to tell me it was a pitbull cross. I told her never to tell anyone that..that as far as she was concerned it was a staffie cross. I'm just glad it was me she told and no one else....or I dread to think what could have happened to this beautiful sweet little girl.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I used to love bull breed growing up. I think it was the horror in my Mum's eyes and her thoughts on EBT's that made it funny. Almost like rebellion. But as I've grown up my mind has been changed. But not by the media or other people, just by personal preference. I no longer desire one. Of course that isn't to say I don't like them.

I would happily walk down the street with Pawsonboards Roxie. But then her curly tail makes her look crossed Micro pig
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I tend to like dogs that people go aww or want to meet so my choices would not include any dog people would be scared of or think could be of type.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2012, 05:41 PM
I know a few type dogs that never have any issues , but they are not owned by people who attract attention to themselves or their dogs....
Depends where I was living personally and it would have to be from a rescue ...
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't think I'd ever own a dog that looked like a "type" was they aren't really for me, but I have grown up with pits and pit crosses in the US and never encountered a badly behaved or aggressive one.

There is a long legged staffy (which I think is KC reg) at the end of our road that could fit the type, and you never see it during the day as the owners are terrified it may be seized.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 10:19 PM
there are so many dogs that could be considered "type" and the reality is that so many people will adopt a pup at 12 weeks or whatever with no real idea exactly how it will turn out...

we have supposed KC staffies coming through rescue which half the time don't even look full staffie - so do we not rehome then for fear of being "type"?

if the powers that be want to deem a dog of type - they can do it regardless of what can be proven... lennox is proof of that..

i think the official line is that if anyone ever did come and try and seize your dog - sign nothing.........
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4