View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:08 PM
There's a fab photo of him licking the Judge's face..I can't find it to post a link to it on here and don't want to download it onto my flickr or anything...boo.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
There's a fab photo of him licking the Judge's face..I can't find it to post a link to it on here and don't want to download it onto my flickr or anything...boo.
Seen it - LOVELY
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Yes Rach, when you look at her website she shows Henry's dad, (Colours litter brother), and various others at stud. I was told that she was using him only on her own bitches...he had been used widely before the big win, and I have noticed that a lot of people have started using Hen's dad again, the brothers are getting on a bit now and people seemed to veer away to another big breeder, but seem to be making their way back to Penny's dogs again now.
Thanks for that interesting and helpful
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Fantastic win for Jet!! His tail never stopped wagging. He may be in a class of his own but I could see so much of Ted in the way he moved and behaved (although Ted would have turned round and licked the judge!) - typical flatcoat. Just a happy chappie.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh he's just fantastic! Did you see him this morning on Daybreak, soooo funny, upside down getting all that fuss, and that coat was like a mirror! He's just like my friend's 2 yr old flatcoat, he smothers you in kisses and that tail just never stops! Hubby likes these too
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Seen it - LOVELY
Isn't it..wish I knew how I could post a link or something...
Originally Posted by MXG View Post
Fantastic win for Jet!! His tail never stopped wagging. He may be in a class of his own but I could see so much of Ted in the way he moved and behaved (although Ted would have turned round and licked the judge!) - typical flatcoat. Just a happy chappie.
He is. Beuatiful. Just beautiful.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh he's just fantastic! Did you see him this morning on Daybreak, soooo funny, upside down getting all that fuss, and that coat was like a mirror! He's just like my friend's 2 yr old flatcoat, he smothers you in kisses and that tail just never stops! Hubby likes these too
I missed it on Daybreak H, they were supposed ot be on yesterday I think but had got lost on the way there!!
FCRs are fab dogs, not for anyone who doesn't want a dog who will be at their side (if not on it) 24/7 and involved in EVERYTHING...who uses their exceptional brain power to pursue their love of life...and who love mud...a lot..also not the right breed for anyone who wants a coffee table. Well, not a coffee table you can put anything on anyway!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I know A, I could tell you lots of stories about my friend's dog!! Like the way he was supposed to be on crate rest for 3 months after a massive leg op, but when my friend came home after leaving him in hubby's care for the afternoon, as she opened her front gate, she looked up the road, only to find him chasing after a motorbike She's a good runner though!!!!

Then there was the time when my friend chucked Zena's rope ball right into some thick trees, brambles, bushes, you name it, and I told her to "forget it". Oh no, says she, my dog will find that in no time In he goes, 5 minutes later, out he comes, covered in just about everything imagineable, but with Zena's ball in his gob and a great big grin on his face and a manically wagging tail! I was well impressed to say the least, but then he's been gundog training for ages and he's doing really well (when he feels like it!!!)

He sometimes nicks Zena's ball, he hides it somewhere half way around our walk, but next day he knows EXACTLY where he left it and goes and gets it for her!

Oh this dog of hers is something else, but he's very, very norty sometimes but I think he winds her up
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I know A, I could tell you lots of stories about my friend's dog!! Like the way he was supposed to be on crate rest for 3 months after a massive leg op, but when my friend came home after leaving him in hubby's care for the afternoon, as she opened her front gate, she looked up the road, only to find him chasing after a motorbike She's a good runner though!!!!

Then there was the time when my friend chucked Zena's rope ball right into some thick trees, brambles, bushes, you name it, and I told her to "forget it". Oh no, says she, my dog will find that in no time In he goes, 5 minutes later, out he comes, covered in just about everything imagineable, but with Zena's ball in his gob and a great big grin on his face and a manically wagging tail! I was well impressed to say the least, but then he's been gundog training for ages and he's doing really well (when he feels like it!!!)

He sometimes nicks Zena's ball, he hides it somewhere half way around our walk, but next day he knows EXACTLY where he left it and goes and gets it for her!

Oh this dog of hers is something else, but he's very, very norty sometimes but I think he winds her up
Sounds familiar...I try so so so hard to stay one step ahead of my two...but nope sometimes they win!!! (Actually, now we have 2...most of the time, they work together and their combined brainpower is a lot stronger than mine!!
Your friends Flat Coat sounds so like Cosmo! He would do that with the ball too!!!!
The one we puppy walked escaped from a secure kennel block and it took more than half an hour for 4/5 trainers to get him to come back to them...he was just playing with them, never went far away,but never close enough to catch, he became quite legendary for it!!!! I had warned them I called him Houdini and he would try it on if he could, dancing around...

I LOVE this breed!!!
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:22 PM
My sister's GSD lost his 'floating' kong in the river when it decided not to float anymore. We went along next day and Kyle (our 1st flatcoat) went into the river and stuck his head under the water to retrieve it
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sounds familiar...I try so so so hard to stay one step ahead of my two...but nope sometimes they win!!! (Actually, now we have 2...most of the time, they work together and their combined brainpower is a lot stronger than mine!!
Your friends Flat Coat sounds so like Cosmo! He would do that with the ball too!!!!
The one we puppy walked escaped from a secure kennel block and it took more than half an hour for 4/5 trainers to get him to come back to them...he was just playing with them, never went far away,but never close enough to catch, he became quite legendary for it!!!! I had warned them I called him Houdini and he would try it on if he could, dancing around...

I LOVE this breed!!!
they certainly are amazing! i miss the ones from work
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >