View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:35 AM
He was my vote for BIS - he really did stand out. The PBGV was lovely, I also loved the Bichon.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:52 AM
The Flatcoat was my second choice to win after the GSD I think he really deserved his win, and great to see him enjoying it all

I may have missed this in another thread, but I don't understand why he doesn't live with the guy who handled him? Was he his breeder but not his owner?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Lovely dog - outstanding winner

Mobli - didnt know that either. However yes sOme dogs are handled by professional handlers or their breeders or by other friends/handers. Ive shown for friends in past & still do it on occasions if asked

Great achievement for this lovely boy.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Beautiful dog and in fantastic shape for his age
Made me fall in love with the breed all over again when I saw him on Daybreak this morning. My OH even commented on him & he talked me out of the chance of owning one a couple of years back!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:02 AM
He was stunning, so happy and shiny. A worthy winner.

My other favourite was the PBGV, what a happy little girl she was
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Very deserving winner I was thinking of you when he won I knew you'd be pleased xx
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Moobli, i think he is joint owned by the breeder (handler) and another person (who he lives with)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Moobli, i think he is joint owned by the breeder (handler) and another person (who he lives with)
Thanks CC. Why is the purpose of joint ownership of a dog? Does it only happen in showing?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I was sooooooo excited when I saw who was Judging BIS. He picked an AMAZING dog for BIS at Westminister. and he made a perfect choice this time too!

ps How did I know you'd be the one posting this, Ramble??? LOL
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Joint ownership often happens when a breeder would like to keep a pup but due to circumstances eg only keeps bitches, only keeps dogs, has too many dogs etc that they own them in partnership with someone else.

Sometimes this means that they live with a joint owner, and the breeder shows them, sometimes the reverse, sometimes as in the case of Full Champions in Gundogs, they go to live with someone else who trains them for Field Work (Rory Major and Brittanys is a case in point).

Sometimes someone else has the bitch on breeding terms, eg it lives with them but the other owner has the right to say when and with what it will be bred.

And there is of course another type of joint ownership where the cost of the dog is so high, that several people own it ( a bit like a racehorse syndicate)
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >