View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Jungle Formula used to work for me (nowt much works as preventative in Cyprus - especially this year with so much standing water left from the horrendous winter).

But for 'after the event' treatment to stop the itching - I've been presented with a ZAPPER! Great little electronic gadget. You zap your bite with it - and it does work!

I wear the rubber bands, spray myself til I look like I've been varnished and the bathroom floor is lethally slippery. Even tried eating a spoonful of marmite every day as some swear by that!

You had cutoffs on. My worst bites were when I was wearing quite tough narrow jeans tucked into calf length boots - they bit me through them.

Best prevention is to avoid going out at dusk anywhere near farmland or standing water.

REAL big problem here this year. Council say they've sprayed ten times as much as they usually do and it's still not helped.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Some people swear by the red Skin so Soft from Avon. I've not really had a major problem with bites so far *touches wood* but I'm taking stuff with me when I go to Benbecula, apparently the midges there are the size of Seagulls!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I do believe the SSS 'remedy' has been dispelled as a bit of a myth, both by Avon and a lot of people who depended on it!

Read an article about this a while back. It used to be said that the armed forces out here used it.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2012, 11:15 PM
There's nothing worse than when the bites itch and hurt at the same time.
A friend has tried everything to stop the little blighters, but they have got her again this year on the leg, she reacts so badly to them and has even been hospitalized 3 times with the damn things.
I'v told her to cover herself in netting from head to toe lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2