Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Fine for walking more than 3 dogs.

I wonder if this is just the start. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/default.stm
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't find the link to the story you refer to on that page; I'm just getting the BBC news homepage.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Very interesting Heather, by the sounds of it they need to target those irresponsible people who are not picking up their dogs mess not responsible owners regardless of how many dogs they are walking.

I don't understand why this council have made the assumption that people with more dogs are the ones responsible for the dog mess problem in that particular area.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Video story
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I usually find it's the people with just one who don't bother picking up!
Becky
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree with Becky, if they bring that out here i'll be giving them a boot up the arris that's for sure. :smt002
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the link Joe. :smt001
It's just seems silly to me. Why not enforce the no foul laws instead of making up a new law. Do they really think that it's only people with more than three dogs that don't pick up? They must be really naive if they do.

I'd say there are people out there walking more than three at a time and aren't in control of their animals; such a shame that they spoil it for those that have alot of animals, but have them under good control. (Personally two is enough for me!)
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Its so silly.. really its about irresponsible people who dont clear up after their dog... wherever I go I take a bag, in case Jamie has to 'go'... but in the woods and fields where we go you see the little 'piles' where people just can't be bothered, despite the red bins and notices! I wouldn't have thought that it applies to just people taking out multiple dogs, after all dog walkers are probably more aware of the problem... single dog walkers are just as guilty! (IMO that is!!)