View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 06:16 PM

lumps on back (several small bumps - what might they be?)

over the last couple of days, little bumps have been appearing on indies back. All kinda round the same area of her back. If it were on a human id probably say they were bites or perhaps an allergic reaction.

does anyone have any ideas? they are just little lumps, but theres like 10 of them
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh poor Indie Are they itchy?

Perhaps they are insect bites or as you say allergic reaction, strange there are so many:smt017

Hope they reduce down in size soon, if not I would ask your vet
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 06:40 PM
hi ozzyz mum. it started out with just one or two, and i thought to myself to keep an eye. but they keep appearing. hopefully they will disperse on their own. i try to avoid going to the vet as much as poss cos indie is terrified and the last time we went about lumps on her neck they couldnt even get a feel of them cos she was panicking and throwing herself around so much

she rolls on the ground alot, like, in the grass she throws herself on the floor and rolls about in glee, so maybe shes rolled in somethin thats caused this
cable
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-06-2006, 06:57 PM
hey there

my 7 year old staff has been plagued with bumps for most of his life.... they are generally cysts, and quite small(nothing to worry about) although one did get to the size of a golf ball a few years back. i took jake to the vets, they removed the lump and sent it away for testing..... luckily it was not a tumor!!

they could just be insect bites, keep an eye on her and if they seem to grow or irritate her then take her to see the vet.

fingers crossed
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Vegas had these last year which was due to my sisters Boxer jumping on him with dirty paws-she was rubbing dirt into his skin.

Has Indie been playing with other dogs or rolling about in soil etc???

I cleaned Vegas's skin 2-3 times a day with diluted Hibiscrub and they cleared up in less than a week.Hibiscrub is available from any chemist (its a antibacterial soap) for around £3.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2006, 07:39 PM
coiuld also be bites - bruno got a reaction last year from berry bugs ? - he came up really bumpy - they went away after the start of summer - check her feet in between her pads if she has any red bites down their then it could be berry bugs - perhaps give her a bath and then a good spray with flea stuff ( frontline etc ) to kill the little blighters
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:24 PM
well there are only 2 bumps today, but one of them is quite big. its really red and hard. i think its mostly red cos ive been messing with it but im not sure what it is now...

we will prob go to vet tomorrow just incase, but heres a pic. wot do u think? its not very clear.

Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Difficult to say as we can't tell the size but it looks sore so perhaps a visit to the vet is in order. Where about on the back are they.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:31 PM
hi thordell, its the size of a big pimple. its on the lower part of her back, right by her spine. she has a smaller bump near it, and the few she had the other day have disappeared.

its probably sore cos ive been prodding about with it and squeezing it..

but its a really hard lump
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Think it may well be a cyst, leave it alone and get it checked out, all lumps are best seen by a vet, most are harmless but still best to have the vet take a look,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >