Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54]
Originally Posted by Fred
if you have the room and you don`t mind the smell of them

What is this "smell" then Fred, mine doesn't smell Are you sure you haven't got a dead rat lying behind your pc or something?????

I reckon he has his wet suit stuffed in a bag somewhere near his monitor with maybe a few dead fish in Helena I love the smell of new things. I had a new bedside cabinet recently and it smells lovely although must admit Lauras new computer chair smelled really funny when we bought it for about 2 weeks but its okay now.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks Helena yes I was originally going for an LG..
I will take my time now and go and look at a few I won't be drying my socks on my monitor like Fred does so there shouldn't be a problem with the smell
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Mini and Foxy!
Captain Proton
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Viewsonic 17" VP171S for £214.98 inc VAT at LowestOnWeb.com

AFAIK LG is pretty much low budjet stuff. If your looking to play games, watch dvds, media players, want a high quality build then go for a viewsonic. If you just want any old cheapy TFT that does the job, then LG will do. When you look at TFT look at the response times on them, the lower it is the better. Also i think all TFT use a DVI connection now, so you would have to check your gfx card on your pc has that sort of connection else, you would need a DVI - VGA connector assuming there is such a thing.

I have the Viewsonic 912 19" and i love it, even tempted to buy another one and run a dual moniter setup, everything looks very sharp and no ghosting at all, my dvds look unbelivable quality wise.

Best advice, stay away from CRT's unless you want to fry your eyes and brain.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks Captain Proton.. I live not far from Evesham Micros (now also LowestOnWeb.... we had our first PC from EM nearly 20 years ago) I will be going over there shortly and will take note of your words and look at the Viewsonic
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5