Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:22 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

No snow here, we've even got a blue sky and it's very dry but the car is iced over. Dave gone off to work at 6 am in the dark and cold, whilst I slept on with Zena (feel a tad guilty). He's very depressed again, but can't blame him after the day we had yesterday and him not being able to buy his own little flat for his week-day stop overs whilst working. I have, however, managed to find him a little flatlet in a big, victoria house, with it's own bathroom near to his works, at the same rate as he's paying at the hotel, but this is for 5 week-days, not two, so if he wants to work more days, then it won't affect the finances. It's all modern and newly refurbed, got tv and all mod cons so that cheered him up a bit, just got to hear back from her as she wanted to know a bit more about him.

Hope everyone is ok, I couldn't manage to keep up yesterday what with everything that was going on here, but I quickly skimmed through and was so pleased to hear we now have normal poops all round, just waiting for grandma to check in with hers now lol!

Off down the beach, the tide is perfect for a walk along the sands which should do those brake pads of Zena's the world of good, then I'm changing the beds, cleaning the house and having a day indoors today coz I feel a bit bleuuurh with all the stress of yesterday and seeing Dave so down about it all.

Zena does make me laugh, since I got up and came on here, she's sitting at the front patio doors, staring out over the woodland, turning her little head this way and that, ears pricking up, ears going back just watching and waiting to see who dares to come out to their cars or walk up the road to the woods with their dogs. If there's nothing to bark at she gets bored and lays down

Hey ho then, another day another dollar, hope you're not snowed in, safe journey to work, and enjoy the day
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning H and all,

I hope that lady likes the sound of Dave and lets him have it. Sounds like a nice little find. I am sure if you explain he only has wild orgies 2 nights of the week not 5 she will be more than happy, well unless she likes wild orgies .

We had quite a lot of snow last night and now it has frozen making the paths and roads treacherous. Luckily I don't really need to go out in my car today, but anyone who is please take care. I am sure the buses will unfortunatly be runing to get me into work this afternoon and hopefully to get me home this evening. I know the trains are running as Charly left at 6am for London and got one ok.

Hope we don't get snow any deeper as these Pawz boots are brilliant at keeping Kyiro's bandage dry, but if it gets any deeper it will come over the top. They need to invent a longer leg version for very snowy weather

Have a good day all and please be careful if you are venturing out.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Poor Dave, I feel for both of you.

Steve hurt his eye yesterday and ended up going to the doctor. That doesn't sound much but he's only ever been over there once in a million years. It all started when he got something in it yesterday morning and then worried at it ...

No more snow here, just the dregs of yesterday. It was fun while it lasted but the roads are very icy now.

Have a great day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning Helena and all who follow,

Well done Helena for finding Dave a little flatlet, I hope it works out and I hope Zena enjoys her walk this morning.

Bitkin: Cheeky devil ... I didn't manage a nap yesterday atr all, but did manage a huge pile of ironing that I had been trying to ignore for days. Felt very good when I'd finished

My son phoned me last night at 11.20 to say 'where should he take an injured animal'. He came out of work and could hear this meowing and knew it was a distressed sound so searched it out which involved climbing over a 5' wall. The garden (of a building plot) was full of rubble, old white goods strewn around etc. He lifted a plastic box up and there was a sweet black kitten. He put it in the box, took it back to his car and phoned me. He thought it had been hit by a car. He then drove 9 miles to our vets (he was the opposite direction) and met the vet there. Apparently the kitten is approx 4-5 months old, female, very very cute but very ill. It hadn't been run over but was jaundice with a very high temperature etc etc. The vet put it on a drip immediately. Needless to say the kitten hadnb't been chipped. They've said they will give it a fighting chance and my son can phone at midday to see how it is. I did tell him not to raise his hopes as it could well not make it.
I did reassure him what a lovely thing he'd done as at least it was in the best place and warm. He also mentioned that the continuous crying stopped as soon as he had the kitten wrapped in a towel in the box in his car.

I'm off shortly to visit my Mum for the morning and should be meeting my cousin there who is driving down from Essex. Not sure what the snow situation is there but waiting to hear from her.

I hope you all have a good day and the poorly dogs and people are all feeling better.

See you all this afternoon.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning fellow members the sun is shining and the snow gone but it is very cold.

Just grabbing a moment while Hannah is occupied with building a brick kennel for the little plastic Schnauzer called Dogdog, next we are off to the kitchen to make snails and puppies with play dough.

Enjoy your day everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning all.

We are hibernating today.

The snow is thawing, but everything is still well covered - even the roads - and I'm phobic about snow. Gary should have gone to the doctors at 10 am but have rearranged that to 8 am on Friday.

The sky is pretty dark outside and we have more snow forecast.

Rosie loved the 4" or so that was down yesterday morning, but was very, very wary of the real thick stuff last night and is still unsure this morning

Ah well, soon be spring

Have a good 'un all and stay safe out there today
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

15-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

I managed to get to bed before midnight for a change - Pereg got me up once which gave me a chance to go the loo without having to climb over her - and I somehow got up and gave her her 7am pill without really waking so fell over her back to bed and slept until the phone rang at gone 9am, so really a good night. Of course the phone, being one of the only ones that is working, is on the other side of the bed as it is a clock/radio/phone so needs a power socket as well as a phone socket, so the only side it can go is the other side of the bed. And I really need the cordless one I had on the "proper" side of the bed not just for ease of reaching but because I need the stereo effect of two phones ringing otherwise I quite often cannot hear this one.

The "proper" side of the bed is also next to the opening to the ensuite so is reachable [hopefully] within a few rings.

Was not a good phone call either - my friend who told me the other week that her husband had broken his hip and was in rehab and that she herself had to have another op, phoned to say that she had had her surgery brought forward and is going into hospital today, and will probably be in for "some time". Does not sound good.

As for the [ahem] nether region situation here - the least said about that the better!

Keep safe and warm everyone, and Nechda, fingers crossed about that little flatlet for Dave.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Hiya!
H I'm sure the lady will approve of Dave, good luck anyway.
No snow here but a gorgeous bright sunny day with blue skies.
LS I hope Steves eye is better today.
Hi Jenny!!!
Mini I think we should see some photos of your menagerie!
Lol Malka I hope you get the phones and the sides of your bed sorted today! Very irritating for you all this I would think.

Have a good day all, seeing my delicious Great Grand-daughter today
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning all, no snow here , but its like an ice rink out there, sounds like a good idea hibernating today, not much fun going out on the iced up roads...but I have to take my daughter to physio later (she had a knee op last week) , so need must.

Helena fingers crossed Dave gets the flat.

Jenny , well done to your son, hope the kitten survives ,

Everyone else, take care if you have to go out, stay put and keep warm
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Morning all

Hope you are all good, nice here weather wise.

A bit of a story about last night... I was kinda caught up it was odd I was talking to my next door neighbour but one John whose dog died and he was stroking Sal and we both thought odd sounds like banging from the house opposite John's. I put Sal in the house and both John and I walked over the house apparently the chap who lives there "R" had fallen he is not old old but about 60(ish) he lives with his wife but she was in bed having got this bug thing going round he has had it apparently but thought he was over it but must have been more unsteady on his feet than he thought and fell still not sure if he fell in the hall or down the stairs and landed in the hall. However he was banging on the porch door with a slipper we had to phone the police and ambulance as we could not get in he could not get up - R's next door neighbour who has the spare key is in Canada visiting her son.....the chap who had fallen "R" was shaken up so they took him to hosptal.
Shame really their son is on a ski ing holiday.
Luckily his wife heard us knocking the door and although upset with coaxing from half the neighbourhood through the letter box opened the back door and we managed to get in before police and just before the ambulance. He wastaken to hospital and they wanted to keep him in - John kindly went with him but R self discharged himself he wanted to come home. So adventure unwanted here.
Popping over in a bit to see how they are.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »