Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Ain`t it strange how someone joins the forum just as the PR machine swings into action.......
And this is happening all over other boards as well.
One might almost suspect an actual campaign.
Hmm yes good point - see if they actually come back or if they are off to spam other sites

on a side note how come their forum name appears on the top of the post when posts by new members in the past always just said 'thread starter' before now?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Hmm yes good point - see if they actually come back or if they are off to spam other sites

on a side note how come their forum name appears on the top of the post when posts by new members in the past always just said 'thread starter' before now?
I do not think all of them do, do they?
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2012, 01:31 PM
If this is a Ceaser fan club campaign.

I would never let him near one of my dogs.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post

Hi Ben the only place you will see the words 'thread starter' instead of the forum name is in the Dog Breeding section.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Ben the only place you will see the words 'thread starter' instead of the forum name is in the Dog Breeding section.
Ahh thanks Mini - I guess the new people with posts I was thinking of must have been there
Been bugging me for ages, now I know
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I have retrained loads of rescue GSDs with many types of problems, caused by lack of training or training of the compulsion type, including resource guarding far worse than seen on the Labrador retriever bites CM video.

The difference being I have never been bitten nor have I ever goaded a dog into attacking me either.

The only one of my dogs I would have ever allowed near this egocentric TV presenter would have been my protection trained GSD. It would have been fascinating to see him fail to goad my dog into any sort of inappropriate behaviour - without the use of his e collar, Ilusion collar or pinch collar or his associates who "work"with the dogs before he arrives. I know my dog would have not shut down by being bullied by him & he was big enough to ensure that CM could not "alpha"roll him. Then when he was shown as a failure with my dog I would have let him experience my dogs party piece - being "detained"by his manly bits in a very submissive position.

I don't hate him, I pity the dogs he physically & mentally abuses to a point when they simply totally shut down. He has no understanding of dog behaviour nor body language, although he did show classic signs of being under stress on the Alan Titchmarsh show, which was very pleasing to see
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Thought this was a good read http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Some great posts in this thread guys

Originally Posted by Ssippi View Post
Howdy
Brad here from Missouri.

A friend told me about this group and I ask why y'all hate Cesar Millan when he saves LIVES Does it count for nothing that he rehabilitates so many dogs and saves there lives? So I ask you would you condem the dogs to death or let someone like Cesar give them a bit of tough love to fix there problems and save them, so which one,,, death or life?
The choice isn't death or life-via-cesar-like-treatment, because there's not just one way to train or rehabilitate a dog. In fact as been posted many times, there are far better ways to train dogs, particularly since these other methods don't have any of the negatives that harsh treatment comes with (such as additional problems).

The only thing is, they require more patience and understanding.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2012, 06:43 PM
The more I discover about Cesar and his methods - the more I ask myself the same question 'Why?!'.

The two food guarding videos where the dog ended up biting him were baffling! In *both* cases he pushed and pushed the dogs until they had nothing left to do but bite! In one of them; the dog did back down - it sat down and looked expectantly at him but instead of recognising this obvious gesture he continued to push the poor dog. It was very upsetting to see.

Not met him no but really can't stand the sight of him if I'm frank! I'm sick of seeing his bloomin' books in every shop you go in and sick of hearing people talk about him like he's some sort of demi-god. He is cruel to animals. End of story for me.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm not afraid to say I really do hate the man.

I used to just hate his methods and hate the effect they have on dogs, and hate the way he squeezes the joy out of owning a dog. I also hate his faux-Zen hippy-dippy philosophies, and I hate the way he completely mis-reads dog body language - to the point of complete fiction.

I used to just detest, loathe and despise the man, but after seeing him on the Alan Titchmarsh Show, it's fair to say I actually hate the man himself now.

He freely admitted people copy his methods, and admitted it can and does go wrong when they do - without showing one shred of remorse, conscience, or shame for those dogs and owners for whom copying him has resulted in damage to either or both parties.

I used to think his methods were cruel - now I know he is cruel, and you'll never persuade me he's a genuine dog lover. He just isn't.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »