View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Run free little pup. I do hope the others are all OK.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Some ppl will they never learn

run free little angel xxdk
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Do you know for sure that ChrisJonesxx is going against the manufacturers guidelines for vaccinations? It may be that their dogs receive the routine vaccinations according to the manufacturers guidelines.

My dogs are vaccinated every year, but it's every 3 years they receive the full lot of vaccinations. That is going by the manufacturers guidelines. Perhaps that's the way ChrisJonesxx dogs are vaccinated aswell.

If it is for Parvo etc it is against the manufacturers regime guidelines try looking at the link I put up

My father's dog was vaccinated every year & it was the Lepto vaccine that killed him within three hours of having it

When there was a parvo outbreak in our area it was brought to our club by a vaccinated dog & the only dogs that were affected(including two that nearly died)were all vaccinated every year for Parvo etc.

My dogs that are titre tested before being vax & there after every year & when there is an outbreak were totally unaffected & their titre levels are usually almost the same it time they are tested

In the words of a Professor of Immunology-"the lepto vaccine is a waste of money & the main cause for adverse reactions" , it, of course, does not cover all the serovars of Lepto present in the UK-the vaccine covers either two or four & there are at least eight

Perhaps you should read up on the research done & being done on canine(& feline)vaccination & the immunology involved
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 06:08 AM
This is one of the saddest thing's I've read on here.

Run free little one xox
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 06:27 AM
So sorry to read this.
Parvo is nasty.

Joedee this isn't the place for a vaccination debate start a new thread and I'll see you there!!!!!!! : )
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 01:52 PM
How sad poor puppy, I keep thinking of people who don't know going to buy the other puppies & spreading the problem.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Poor puppy. Sometimes I think people think we (Vets, Nurses, etc) are just trying to extort money when we tell them about things like puppy vaccinations and heartworm preventative. Then act all shocked when their pet falls ill or dies.

RIghtly or wrongly, I believe most vets vaccinate with the best interest of the pet in mind. Only recently did the AVMA get behind one vaccine protocol and stand by it, before the recommendations for vaccines were all over the place because frankly the studies were all over the place.

Run free wee pup
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Although my personal view is I get initial vaccinations done and I get boosters done as and when required.
It was sad for this puppy. First vaccinations should have been done.
As for the other dogs, sorry I know a lot of people that give the first lot of vaccinations and then don't boost after this as a lot of people don't believe in constantly boostering their dog and don't belive that further boosters benefit the dog. A lot of papers and the use of titre testing has now proved that. This is an ongoing argument and not what this thread is about, but I wanted to make the point that just because you don't booster your dogs after the first injections doesn't make you a bad person. There is a lot of evidence now that suggests boosters are no help to the dog. I am strongly now considering doing away with my boosters and going down the titre testing route. It may cost more than the actual boosters but I would rather go that way now than injecting my dogs with something they may not need.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:51 AM
what a waste of a wee life,run free wee one xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3