Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
So you are happy that vets are still getting people to annually vaccinate against the vaccine companies advice ?

Fine I won't comment again I'm obviously so very very wrong
Do you know for sure that ChrisJonesxx is going against the manufacturers guidelines for vaccinations? It may be that their dogs receive the routine vaccinations according to the manufacturers guidelines.

My dogs are vaccinated every year, but it's every 3 years they receive the full lot of vaccinations. That is going by the manufacturers guidelines. Perhaps that's the way ChrisJonesxx dogs are vaccinated aswell.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
So you are happy that vets are still getting people to annually vaccinate against the vaccine companies advice ?

Fine I won't comment again I'm obviously so very very wrong
Not once did I say that you were so 'very very wrong' so please do not suggest that I did.

This thread is not about how often people should vaccinate their dogs or what I believe is right, it is about this particular puppy and his irresponsible breeder. If you want to start a debate on the vaccinations again, then by all means do it, but please not on this thread.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Some people are so selfish, it makes me mad. That poor little pup I really feel for her other dogs too. All she's thinking about is the £££££ she has to spend on them......makes me so angry !!!
Well said couldnt have put it better myself ,why do people like that bother to have dogs or any animals at all it makes me so mad
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Maybe those who wish to discuss the pro's and con's of vaccinating should do so on a seperate thread.

That poor pup Parvo is a dreadful disease and heartbreaking to see in a dog
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:52 PM
oh the poor puppy, some owners are so so very irresponsible... They don't deserve to be dog owners if they can't have them vaccinated, she obviously didnt care...just wanted to save money. Very sad case unfortunately...run free at the bridge little one xxxxxxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I understand this thread is about the puppy who had Parvo. However, seeing as the bulk of the original post talks about vaccinations, surely we can mention how important we think vaccinations are, as it protects dogs from Parvo (providing the vaccine doesn't fail)? Of course, it is also about responsible breeding aswell.

This thread should be used to illustrate how important routine vaccinations are in canines, imo.
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Can the owner be reported to the RSPCA for neglect in any way?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
There you go over the top again Joedee, start a new thread on the vaccine debate if you want to this isn't the thread to start it.
Clearly this breeder does not care for her dogs very much that she wont listen to advice about how her other dogs maay well be carriers and harbouring the disease. Lets hope she's one that doesn't walk her dogs either or she'll infect the whole area
Becky
I have to agree with Joedee here, it may not be the thread for it, but to catagorically state that a Vet vaccinates dogs regardless of manufacturers guidelines, can be lethal in itself.

I feel very sorry for the little puppy, I hop the case was mentioned to the RSPCA as it seems this person needs looking into.
Dawn.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I just want to re-word a post I made previously - I think it came out all wrong because I was extremely upset earlier and not making much sense.

When I said 'please don't debate about the vaccinations on this thread' I didn't actually mean don't talk about them at all. What I meant to say was that if we do discuss them, could we please not 'have a go' at each other as it were.

Sorry if my previous post sounded like I was suggesting that we couldn't discuss them at all - I apologise.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
I'm so so sad for the little pup, and I hope and pray that her other dogs are ok! It's frustrating because it's so easily prevented! If only she bothered to get her dogs either titre tested or vaccinated, we wouldn't have lost that little pup today
That is so true

My heart goes out to you
Run free little one
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >