Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 11:01 PM

Do you go to Companion dog shows?

Ive just emailed Dogs Trust and ILPH to ask for the dates as they hold a yearly one and i was wondering how many from Dogsey go to these kind of shows?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I have done in the past but rarely do now.I find that because my daughter shows he dogs and knows what shes doing that many other exhibitors can get b****y...sad really
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 11:13 PM
It doesnt necessarily have to be to show your dogs it could just be for a fun day out
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
It doesnt necessarily have to be to show your dogs it could just be for a fun day out

A dog show without taking a dog...tried it.I like champ shows with no dog cos it means I can do lots of shopping...other than that,no
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I do with puppies to practise saves making an idiot of myself at a champ show. Also if were anywhere with the dog rescue creche ie enter. I got reserve best in show at lowther horse trails last summer, was so pleased.
I win a lovely rosette and an engraved glass. Better than the piece of card you get at champ shows lol
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2007, 11:10 AM
we go to any local ones we find out about, Perry goes in pedigree classes and Lennox in the mutt classes, last summers show we got most handsome lad with Perry (and his handsome mush in the local paper ) and Lenny won a few rosettes- most appealing eyes was one which my mum had a good chortle about as she thinks he has piggy eyes lol, it was a great day out lots of fun but there were the odd show pro's that got cheesed off if they didn't get placed first but on the whole a very nice day out.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-03-2007, 12:08 PM
We go to quite a few as I like to support the local clubs we go to the Waterside Action Group Fun Day and Show every year, this is a Group against Puppy Farmers and I feel very wothwhile supporting. We go to our Local young Farmers one and various others a great day out for both owner and dogs. Last year at Greenock and District Ringcraft and \Obedience Fun day show Rye got Reserve Best in Show, we were so delighted you would have thought he had won the group at Crufts. He got a lovely rosette and two cups which he keeps for a year. A percentage of the profits go to the club and the rest usually to a doggy charity/I think these companion shows are very worthy of support by the public.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I have never managed to find info out for any that are held around here, although I have looked on the internet for them. If I could find one nearby I would go
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have never managed to find info out for any that are held around here, although I have looked on the internet for them. If I could find one nearby I would go
Fair few in the area ......... I will let you know next time
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2007, 01:17 PM
oh that would be great, would love to take the Norties as I am only able to take them to our Ute Shows, plus it would be a good day out for us.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >