Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2014, 03:46 AM

New Rats Yayyyy

I have so got to get a new camera. The situation was that my daughter had two modest sized rats in an aquarium. Then gradually the rats grew and the aquarium just wasn't enough space anymore. In the meantime Blueberry the brown one passed away.

This led to a new friend for Jupiter, Gia. Gia is maybe toddler aged. Well today I finally got in the basement and brought up the multi-level cage. Washed it really well and went out to get two more babies. I'm so happy that rats are accepting of any age or litter.

I went up a few minutes ago and there curled up under their chew log was Jupiter...I'm sorry given her bulk I see a mama hog. The other three were wrapped around her, all comfortably warm I'm sure. Big white furry ball with little eyes and noses wriggling.

I dunno if you're a rodent lover...it was simply adorable
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Awww,Welcome to the new guys
Sorry to hear about Blueberry xxxxx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Glad you got some new rats. There was a giant rat in the yard the other day, nearly gave my mother a heart attack. She ran inside panting, begging me to come outside... I rushed out expecting to see something awful... and she pointed at the giant thing and said "WHAT IS THAT??"

It was a giant forest/sewer rat. Was properly disgusting... but he went on his way once I shooed him. No doubt if my Pooks (a cat) sees him, he's done for.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah I had pet rodents from an early age so I'm good with them. At work we have a resident gray rat. Big thing he is, size of a small cat. I feed the birds, chipmunks and stray cats and I'm sure he eats the food too. It's an outdoor garden department so there's lots of wildlife.

One day a customer wanted to see a plant down one of the aisles. I walked ahead of her and in front of me raced Mr. Gray. He disappeared under a shelving unit. Of course the customer turned white.

So I sent her back to the safety of the front counter and got her plant myself. Poor Mr.Gray...he's gotta live too ya know?