What is that?.
A polite term for eating poop
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2014, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by sandgrubber View Post
A polite term for eating poop
Which my dog delights in doing, but only her own - and she waits until there is a nice dry crunchy bit...

...does not seem to harm her so why should I stop her? And pumpkin has no effect whether she does or not.

She calls it recycling. I call it as long as you do not bring it in the house, enjoy!
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2014, 10:52 AM
LOL, thankfully my dog has no interest in eating his own poo; when he was a puppy he ate my cat's poo but I stopped that by using a spray in to his mouth straight after he'd done the dirty deed, on a regular walkies destination of ours they have cattle which are used to munch on the grass to keep it neat, obviously quite a lot of cow poo about, as he's got older his attraction to it has diminished - also he gets shouted at if he tries so he knows he's not supposed to do it, occasionally still the temptation gets a bit too much.....
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2014, 03:05 PM
My dogs have pumpkin most days mixed in with their meat and veggies. I prefer butternut pumpkin (you buy it in Asda). I peel it cut it up into small chunks which I blanch and store in the freezer. If you can't get fresh pumpkin you can always use marrow or courgette instead.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
My dogs have pumpkin most days mixed in with their meat and veggies. I prefer butternut pumpkin (you buy it in Asda). I peel it cut it up into small chunks which I blanch and store in the freezer. If you can't get fresh pumpkin you can always use marrow or courgette instead.
If you mean butternut squash you do not need to peel it - just scrub it. The peel is edible for both four and two-legged folk - it just peels off as you blanch it and is too good to waste..

I do peel pumpkin but also scrub it before peeling and then scrungle it in the processor for Pereg.

Courgettes and marrows, of course, do not need peeling either. Well, not according to me!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2