Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jakesmummy View Post
Ok someone got to ask this ,so don't all shoot me lol.is there more chance of worms when u fed raw food.
No - but if you are really worried then freeze the raw meat/fish for about a week and then defrost before feeding.

However, if you are feeding things like wild rabbits that your dog catches, then maybe worm a bit more frequently?

Pereg is raw fed and is wormed with Drontal plus, as she always was, every six months.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
...[snip]...Love the idea of a gear stick poking out of the dashboard. Different at least!
You do realise, of course, that I am going back 30 or so years ago, when the Renault 4 had a gear stick wot stuck outta de dashboard. It was, surprisingly to many people, dead easy to use.

Once you learned how! This is very brief but might give you an idea what it looked like [left hand drive though]

gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Thanks for that one Malka, I've seen column change before but that one is quite new to me and , oddly, find it quite charming. Does look easy to use as well.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
You do realise, of course, that I am going back 30 or so years ago, when the Renault 4 had a gear stick wot stuck outta de dashboard. It was, surprisingly to many people, dead easy to use.

Once you learned how! This is very brief but might give you an idea what it looked like [left hand drive though]

I had an orange coloured Renault 4 with the gear stick wot stuck outer de dashboard. They were known as "elastic band" cars probably because the Renault 4 was originally designed for French farmers and the "bouncy" suspension made them capable of travelling over rough terrain.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

28-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Thanks for that one Malka, I've seen column change before but that one is quite new to me and , oddly, find it quite charming. Does look easy to use as well.
It was actually really easy - pull towards you, turn knob left or right, push backwards, left or right - reverse was... I forget but basically it was pull/push/move knob left or right...

...and many people considered it impossible!

Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
I had an orange coloured Renault 4 with the gear stick wot stuck outer de dashboard. They were known as "elastic band" cars probably because the Renault 4 was originally designed for French farmers and the "bouncy" suspension made them capable of travelling over rough terrain.
I never owned one but there was a Renault dealer near where I lived who also rented them out, and during 1985 when I no longer had a car [actually it was a van for taking the tribe camping] because I was selling up prior to emigrating, I had numerous airport trips - to both Heathrow and Gatwick.

Collecting twin and brother-in-law from Heathrow - driving him back to Heathrow for a seminar somewhere in Europe... collecting him... taking Mother to Gatwick on one of her many holidays then collecting her...collecting Mother from Gatwick... taking twin and brother-in-law back to Heathrow.

Oh, and at some stage collecting my daughter from Heathrow for her summer break at boarding school here...

...and Mother paid for me to have the rental car for about four months until we left England on 25 August that year. It turned up with just 47 miles on the clock and inbetween airport runs we visited all possible family and friends to say goodbye - plus had a good few days out to various places.

Before daughter came home and while brother-in-law was away, twin and I [and 15-year-old son, who took himself off school for the day] did a day trip to France. Think we went from Folkestone? Anyhow, parked the car and went on the ferry. Mother had not yet gone on holiday but we did not tell her or she would have wanted to come with us but twin borrowed her shopping trolley [and broke it ].

And at the hypermarket in Calais I bought a clothes airer [which, believe it or not I still have!]. And twin said "you will never get that in the back of a Renault 4. And I said "of course it will go in the back of a Renault 4. "

And it did, eventually, but 6' tall skinny son ended up curled foetal-like somewhere in the back, twin had to sit with her head to one side all the way back - son woke up when we were nearly home and said "have we gone through the Dartford Tunnel yet".

All in this little red "sit-up-and-beg" Renault 4 wiv de gear stick stickin' outta de dashboard, which finally went back to the Renault dealers from whom it was rented, without a mark on it - rather a lot of mileage on the clock but not even the teeniest mark.
DeeBuzzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2015, 06:58 PM
My raw fed boy didn't smell. Nor did his poo for the record!
( too much information?!) ....And the lawn was fertilised with "bonemeal" every day! A win-win all round.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4