Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Thought I would add my 2p's worth....
I think its tricky.... sorry this is a lonnnggg post!!!!

My OH had 2 SBT pups with his ex girlfriend... it was his idea to have them and he has had dogs before and looked after them really well - his ex wasnt really a dog person, had never had one but was willing to try... and she loves them to bits...

when they broke up the oldest (female) was just over a year and the youngest (male) just under... due to the living circumstances - my OH moved out of the home - leaving the 2 dogs with his ex and moved in with his mum (allergic to dogs, in her small flat, no garden) temporarily. It was aggreed that he would find a house with a garden and then have the youngest male. Well he did this - found a really nice semi with front and back gardens right next to a field. When he rang to let the ex know - she refused to hand him over and he has only seen them once since - he has tried to see them again but she dosnt want to know... no refuses to send a picture.....

Her defence? money.... apparently she struggled to feed them both when he left - even though he was sending money and was still paying full rent for 3 months after .... Her defence is that she dosnt think he would look after themm....

its so frustrating because they are living with her and her family who have no idea how to look after dogs.... they are being fed pedigree chum tins, no insurance - NO TRAINING - even though the female has started to growl and snap at children.... and living in a one bedroom 2nd floor flat with no garden...

Grrrr - its so annoying and my OH is heartbroken...
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2005, 01:14 PM
That's awful Cooper

We have discussed this in the past and Oh would get the kids and I would get the dog
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know of any custody battles involving pets?
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2005, 01:35 PM
OH threatens that he would get Bruno "as he is now a daddy's boy", but it is all in jest, Bruno was mine long before we even met, so he would definately stay with me.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5