Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 10:25 PM

Had to return rescue dog!

I have some sad news about Pooh Bear! I had to return her today! She did not go back to the lady who mistreated her, but to the lady's mother. Pooh is used to her and comfortable in her home having been there regularly in the past.
Pooh's behaviour deteriorated and she became more and more aggressive. She was attacking the other dogs whenever they were near(they were really scared of her and would not pass or go near her),she would not allow the cats into the house and she tried to bite me 3 times and actually bit a friend of mine visiting the house. I realise it was fear agression, but nothing I did helped her.I must admit I was beginning to be scared of her and of being bitten!
I feel really guilty! I feel as if I have failed her. She was just lying on the floor today growling and snarling. Noone was moving near her or doing anything to provoke her. When she was picked up, she almost shot out of the house and has been happy and settled at the mothers house this afternoon. She was obviously just very scared and unhappy in this home. I hope she finds what she needs.
One thing I must say, is that it has taught me a very valuable lesson! I guess I wasnt experienced enough and didnt think it through before I took her on! I purely had the thought of getting her out of a horrible situation!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 10:29 PM
aww liane im so sorry to hear of this but at least you tried and that is such a big effort you got her away from the horrible owner and thats good news you havent failed you did your best big hugs to you for doing a rewarding job
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Lianne you have nothing to reproach yourself for (hug) , it was a very kind act taking on an elderly dog like Pooh and I am sure she has benefited from your kindness ...you deserve everyone's admiration..
One thing that does concern me is from what you have said Pooh has become increasingly aggressive and when this happens I do always wonder if there is some underlying medical reason, and it may just be worth thinking about for the new owner.
I hope you can all settle back down to quiet normality and not be to upset that things did not work out, you gave it your very best ....
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Lianne you have nothing to reproach yourself for (hug) , it was a very kind act taking on an elderly dog like Pooh and I am sure she has benefited from your kindness ...you deserve everyone's admiration..
One thing that does concern me is from what you have said Pooh has become increasingly aggressive and when this happens I do always wonder if there is some underlying medical reason, and it may just be worth thinking about for the new owner.
I hope you can all settle back down to quiet normality and not be to upset that things did not work out, you gave it your very best ....
Pooh was checked thoroughly at the vets on Saturday and he could find nothing physical wrong! He thought her problem was stress!

Thankyou both for your kind words!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 11:02 PM
You have done your best for her, and have now made sure she has a good home, good for you!!!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

13-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I am sorry that it did not work out. You tried hard and at least you can congratulate yourself on getting her out of her first home. She was probably a bit too old and set in her ways to easily adapt to such a big change. I hope she will continue to be happy where she is and that you will stop feeling guilty. You did not fail her, you were the means by which she got out of a bad home and into a good one
Bowowee
New Member!
Male 

13-12-2005, 11:44 PM
At least you tried. Thats what matters.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2005, 11:46 PM
It is not your fault that things didn't work out. You did your best for Pooh so there's no need to blame yourself Your family was just not right for her, that's all.
You got her out of a bad situation and hopefully she will now be happy and settled in her new home.
Try not to feel bad about it, (((hugs)))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2005, 07:20 AM
So sorry to hear that,you did try,and it didn't work,at least she has gone somewhere nice,and you managed to remove her from a horrible situation,and she has learnt kindness from you,maybe she needs to be an only dog.((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Carole
Supervisor

14-12-2005, 07:38 AM
sorry to hear it did not work out
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >