Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Friday 26th January 2018

Morning folks
Mum arrived yesterday at 6.15pm minus her mobile as she left it in the loos at Fueteventura airport so had spend a hour here changing passwords etc anyway ordered her a new phone of amazon this morning should be here tomorrow.
Lauryn gone off to college, I’m at work at 4.30 today
Tony will be home about 1ish
Hope everyone has a good day, we off for breakfast
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Morning all.

Got a niggly cough thats just on the way out but more niggly today than before. Going for Brunch with my cousin today.

Mandy does your Mom not live in the UK? glad she had a good trip any plans while she is here?

See you all later

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Good morning Kazz, Mandy and all who follow

Pleased. your mum arrived ok Mandy but a pity about her phone. Hope someone is honest and hands it in and you get a phone call to collect it on her return.

Enjoy your brunch with your cousin Kazz

Pleased things are improving for Gill and hopefully the stairlift is installed asap. Hopefully Beth's flat sells and they can buy yours and the properties you like are still on the market Lynn

Hugs to Casey and hope his medication keeps working for. long time

Lovely and sunny this morning but with a touch of frost. Was busy yesterday looking round bathroom showrooms and arranging for quotes. There are now a few niggly things happening in our ensuite so time to rip out and replace. Housework is the only thing on the agenda today.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping ell

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Hi all,
Sorry for the absence, i kept starting posts then somebody or something needed something so never posted !!
Lynn, so pleased that things are finally moving, sad that it takes an MP to get involved
Mandy, pleased your mum has arrived safely, would be gutted about the phone...i think i would die if i lost mine
might venture into town in a bit...i am bored Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Hello all. Kazz gargle with some warm salty water. I know it tastes yuk but it does the trick with niggly coughs etc. Has anyone else had problems keeping logged in. Norma is having a problem. I did awhile back but it seems sorted for me now. Nice and sunny here. Griff hope you are keeping well and all others.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2018, 07:58 PM
I thoroughly recommend the film "The Darkest Hour" I like the majority I think of the viewing audience totally lost 2 hours. I was surprised that it was the end. Brilliant.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Evening. Mandy enjoy the holiday with your mum.
Kazz hope the throat is feeling better and glad you enjoyed the film.

Haven't heard anything from Gill or Peter so take that as a negative and the stairlift didn't happen today as I was hoping. Also no update and I thought the Secretary of the MP was meant to be ringing today. Haven't rung as cannot stand a whingeing episode from Peter.

Popped out earlier to do the recce of the house I put up a link to. Very disappointing beautiful countryside all around tucked away but bar a few hedges is directly next to the A47 to kings Lynn traffic never stops along there as the lorries use it all the time as well as light traffic and you would never get peace from it especially in the garden. So crossed off the list.
The bungalow in Fincham which we love has sold STC. Few more areas with properties with possibilities in my little book but for now nothing positive. Never mind Paul and Beth not sold yet.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
but bar a few hedges is directly next to the A47 to kings Lynn traffic never stops along there as the lorries use it all the time as well as light traffic and you would never get peace from it especially in the garden.
Lynn, good decision I think, we are on an 'A' road and I was a tad worried when we moved in here but as I discovered there are two types of 'A' road. There is what they call 'major trunk routes' (A47) which are not motorways but like you say they carry heavy traffic all day and night. These are shown in GREEN on my maps.

Then there are the 'normal' type of 'A' road, these are shown in RED on my maps. We are on one of these and the traffic is heavy in the morning and early evening but rest of the day and all night it's just about OK.

But I do miss our previous house where 5 cars a DAY in winter would be exceptional
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2018, 09:25 PM
'evening everyone

Mrs. Losos went to the dentist today, I offered to drive in case she was still under the anesthetic when finished.

Found a nice track to take the dogs for a walk. Was very pleased with Casey because there was alittle spaniel who ran to the edge of his land and barked. Casey stopped and just looked at him There was a time when he first came to us he would trot up to the other dog, never did anything of course, but now he's usually close to me.

He does love to stop and sniff all sorts of things, it's like he's in a world of his own.

Besoeker - Since you asked about Casey here's a pic. He's the black & white one (AKA Landseer)

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Lynn, so still delays on the stairlift when will it ever be sorted let's hope the MP involvement hasn't turned into a load of false promises.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >