Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 07:03 PM

Worst drinks/beverages ever...

I just had a taste of the most disgusting drink I've ever tasted. I can't stand Diet Coke (or really diet anything), I tasted malt liquor at 17 years old, and nearly vomited and swore to never touch any alcohol again (have stuck firmly to that), and cream soda is horrible. Can't stand mango juice, either. But the worst thing ever was just now...

Aloe Vera juice.

http://www.amazon.com/ALO-Exposed-Be...uice+aloe+vera

This brand in particular. I had no idea this was even something that existed, but dad handed me a bottle and boy is it repulsive. I don't see how anybody can enjoy it. I barely got down the first mouthful. Does ANYBODY like this stuff? It was positively repulsive.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-03-2015, 07:25 PM
A 'Pink Panther' from a pub called the 'The Crofter' in Fort William, Scotland.

Not the cocktail of the same name but a glass full of every spirit topped up with blackcurrant and advocaat.

Worse pint I've ever had.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Every spirit? Wow, that does sound terrible. The main reason the Aloe Vera stuff was so awful was the lumpiness. The taste was terrible too, but the texture... absolutely horrid.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
It's good for you it ain't ever gonna taste good lol!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Oh, you're so right. It's unfortunate that so many healthy foods and drinks taste so awful. I stomach them as best I can, but in this case (he literally brought a case of them) I bid the rest of the family good luck with them.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:03 PM
I used to drink a glass of pure Aloe Vera gel every single morning for my arthritis. It was very effective, but unfortunately I had to stop buying it because it was so expensive. It is truly amazing stuff, and of course Aloe Vera gelly is just absolutely amazing for burns.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:07 PM
My top three can't develop a taste for them are soy milk, coconut water and kombucha, some kind of healthy brew that tastes like sweat socks.

In the states Aloe Vera has become quite popular, usually it's heavily sweetened with added fruit juice. I like it but it is an odd texture.

Something else marketed now is food and drink with chia seeds. For anyone who remembers "Chia pets" yep same stuff. There's a juice line called Mama Chia, different flavors...kind of thick and sweet...think bubble tea thrown in the blender...not bad, just goopy.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Soymilk and coconut water are bad (I hate everything coconut). I can drink soymilk, but don't actually like it. That Aloe Vera was horrible, Gnasher I don't know how you did it.
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Root Beer is disgusting tastes like mouth wash, have never seen the Aloe Vera juice not sure I would want to try it
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Mouthwash is far better than Root Beer I can drink root beer, but don't actually like it. I like fruity anything except banana, coconut, and mango flavor. I also enjoy colas, lemon limes, all sports drinks, and though most flavored water is diet, don't mind those at all. Try the Aloe Vera juice. Warning, if you think pulp is disgusting, don't bother, it's extremely pulpy.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >