Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 08:37 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 15th February 2018

Morning all. Gordon Rioja for those that don't know as you obviously do was not a nice waiter but a lovely dark plummy red wine. Absolutely lovely. My dining companion had never tried it and was very pleasantly surprised by it. The food was great to. Hopefully the wine and chinese will be just as good tomorrow when we celebrate chinese new year of the Dog. No I won't be eating dog or dancing with a chinaman. bg!! Have a good day all. bfn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Pleased you enjoyed your meal and the wine. Hopefully the Chinese will be just as enjoyable.

One of my Afghans became fearful after the age of 18months Gordon. No reason just frightened of strangers but not aggressive thankfully.

Dry here this morning so have taken the chance of hanging the bedding out. Meant to be nice for the next fews days - we could do with some sun.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2018, 09:47 AM
what do you think about our new wall tiles for the en suite when it is refurbished?

earliest date they ca do the work is end of April, so they must have a lot of work on which is a good sign.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Afternoon all. A beautiful day with lovely sunshine and cool not cold for a change .

Spent almost four hours filling in a form to say why my lad can't work and copy all his medical info. I swear, one of these days I'm just going to write 'same as last time' on everything. He has permanent handicaps so why they keep wanting the information repeating, goodness only knows.

Love the tiles, but I am biased. They are very like the ones I have in my bathroom
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
what do you think about our new wall tiles for the en suite when it is refurbished?
Wow I can't believe it, they are exactly the same as the ones in our bathroom (Choosen by SWMBO not me incidentally )

As you said, if there's a delay on them starting it (hopefully) just means they have plenty of work, (not that they have to wait for their staff to get out of jail )

How about a piccie of the finished job
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
One of my Afghans became fearful after the age of 18months Gordon. No reason just frightened of strangers but not aggressive thankfully.
Sue, humans who have lived with dogs for many years know that what most people call 'aggression' is a misnomer. How can any two legged human really know what is going on in the dogs mind there is a language barrier. As I said, experience helps, and there's lots the dog 'body behaviour' tells us, but when you meet someone in the street or on a walk who is not a dog owner you can't explain all that (nor is there time). Their eyes will start to gloss over and their brain won't be able to accept it. Everything has to be related to what a human would do.

Just look at all the posts from newbies on here (mostly from 'over there' ) which just tell you that the person is writing and thinking of their dog in human terms. Big mistake, but the billions of non dog owners will never get it !!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post

earliest date they ca do the work is end of April, so they must have a lot of work on which is a good sign.
Good lord they look like the ones I have in the bathroom.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Afternoon all. A beautiful day with lovely sunshine and cool not cold for a change .

Spent almost four hours filling in a form to say why my lad can't work and copy all his medical info. I swear, one of these days I'm just going to write 'same as last time' on everything. He has permanent handicaps so why they keep wanting the information repeating, goodness only knows.

Love the tiles, but I am biased. They are very like the ones I have in my bathroom
My sister has the same issues with forms for my nephew he is autistic, with learning disabilities quite severe he repeats words but thats it language wise really; although he recognises people obviously he has no sense of stranger and no sense of danger etc as well as eplipsy and a heart condition,etc etc they needed to assesshim for his benefits and although they wanted to assess him they also wrote saying "due to his conditions they would arrange a home visit but it would be three people due to his condition for their safety" makes you smile. Its the system not the people is what our mantra is.

But why you have to repeat the forms is beyond me once you reach adulthood. Once every 10 years or so would be adequate really or in the case of my nephew and those at his day centre etc etc surely lifetime would be the way to go.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Seems we all have excellent tile taste.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
My sister has the same issues with forms for my nephew he is autistic, with learning disabilities quite severe he repeats words but thats it language wise really; although he recognises people obviously he has no sense of stranger and no sense of danger etc as well as eplipsy and a heart condition,etc etc they needed to assesshim for his benefits and although they wanted to assess him they also wrote saying "due to his conditions they would arrange a home visit but it would be three people due to his condition for their safety" makes you smile. Its the system not the people is what our mantra is.

But why you have to repeat the forms is beyond me once you reach adulthood. Once every 10 years or so would be adequate really or in the case of my nephew and those at his day centre etc etc surely lifetime would be the way to go.
Yep, my lad is profoundly deaf, epileptic and has some mental health issues following three bleeds on the brain after hitting his head after one of his fits. None of these things will resolve so why they waste time and money asking the same questions and assessing him is totally beyond me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >