Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 07:47 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday 10th February 2018

Good morning all
Lol LG....you aren't far off with your image of me, I honestly do try in the kitchen but cooking winds me up lol. I can do a curry from scratch, cook pasta, veggies and a tagine so I won't starve....oh and a Victoria sponge!!! Can't forget pudding can we!
Mum and dad are off to Wales....rugby match. England Wales so could be interesting! That means I am on a beer and horror weekend
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Morning Griff and all who may follow. I have just been in touch with Norma aka bumblesnout and she says it is a shame that so many have fallen by the wayside. We used to have fun nattering on dad!! Anyway Gordon enjoy the rugby. Off to restick my postcards that keep falling off my memory board. How much sticky can one use. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Good morning Griff, Brenda and all who follow

Pleased mum's party went well Griff and she had an enjoyable time.

Hope you managed to keep all your cards finally stuck to the board Brenda. I too miss some of those that have dropped out and wonder how they are doing.

Hope Casey's "kennel" didn't cost too much to repair Harvey.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well.

Very frosty here this morning but rain is forecast for just after lunch

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Phew, a hectic few days here. We did get a decorator. Costly (£1000 in total for a two bedroom flat) but they have done an excellent job and got it all finished in 3 days which was brilliant as it shortened the time that Gary had to stay with us. Luckily we've only had a couple of high frustration episodes and no fits so that was good.

I'm fuming with his neurologist at the moment. He had an appointment a couple of weeks ago and he recommended a supplemental anti-convulsant (KEPPRA). It's been prescribed but there is no way on Earth that I'm telling my lad to take them. Common side effects include anger and frustration (which we have enough of already), depression (ditto) and to top it all, suicidal thoughts. Erm, we have enough problems without adding more!

Lousy weather here today. Cold, wet and breezy. It was good to get home after our jaunt to town.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Chris, so pleased all went well. Hmmm the side effects of some drugs can cause real issues, a couple of months back I was given a drug and within 3 days I had gone from happy and bubbly to feeling very very down, stopped the tablets and was fine in 2days
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Hello Griff, Brenda, Sue, and all who follow

The fault on the car (it's a diesel) was one of the 'glo plugs' burnt out I think Griff might tell me the correct name is 'pre-heater plug' but when I was a spotty faced lad I used to play around with model aircraft engines and they used 'glo plugs' so I've always called them that.

Haven't got the bill yet I asked the guys at the garage to replace all four of them.

Technical question for Griff - Do you think just one plug failing would be enough to prevent starting it might have been two faulty as she had been taking slightly longer to start for some weeks. If I wasn't such a skinflint I would have popped it in to the guys at the garage to have a look at.

Moral - If some thing changes let the experts have a look

Gordon hope you enjoy the rugby, I would have a quick look as well except that Mrs. Losos is hooked on some winter sports taking in place some where far far away Not really my thing.

Yes, regular folk on here are fewer, don't really know why, as I think I've said before I'm prone to go AWOL for a few days now and then, but if I'm still breathing I will come back

By for now, maybe pop back tonight.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Harvey...I know them as glo plugs, and yes sometimes one could be enough to prevent starting...if I recall the land rovers I worked on were linked via a wire and eyelet system. A lot of the customers also didn't realise they should leave the ignition on for a couple of seconds before trying to start the vehicle.
Watched 2films so far....no horror yet, watched ghost thread...worth a watch but an odd film and the shape of water... terrific film odd title and had I not seen a trailer I wouldn't have watched it because of the name
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Chris, so pleased all went well. Hmmm the side effects of some drugs can cause real issues, a couple of months back I was given a drug and within 3 days I had gone from happy and bubbly to feeling very very down, stopped the tablets and was fine in 2days
I just can't believe a doctor would prescribe medication to cause this when it's there already. I'd never rest thinking that he may get suicidal on top especially as he lives alone. We do have a camera set up so I can monitor him all day, but it only covers the living room (I wouldn't dream of invading his privacy any further than that). To be honest, it's more than dangerous, it's a disaster just waiting to happen.

I hope you got some more appropriate meds than the ones you were given.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 04:57 PM
i don't need them anymore Chris...luckily! my aunty has just been in touch about my dads brother, he is paranoid schizophrenic, his wife took him to the dr as he is off on one again, he was referred to the crisis team who called off a with held number at a time different to the one they told him (he is paranoid anyway) and then their helpful advise was i he felt he was going to harm himself ....call them back, they didn't even speak with his wife!! does baffle me sometimes what goes on in peoples minds, lets ring up a paranoid man without leaving a number so he can check we are actually who we are supposed to be...take his word that things are o.k and then tell him to call if he feels sucidial...last time he went driving his car at stupid speeds most likely with the hope of crashing...i somehow think making a call will not be top of his agenda
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Got downsizing on now... interesting film
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >