View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:03 PM
No I don't leave the lights on. My bills are big enough as it is! No radio either, I don't want them to be dependent on noise to be able to relax.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:42 PM
No lights left on as I hope they sleep while I'm away, radio is left on if we expect fireworks but not normally.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes and the radio.
Ness
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by mforster85 View Post
my OH turns the light in the kitchen off at night times but koda puts it on again if he wants lol,my OH thought we had a ghost until we realised koda was doing it
That's brillant.....

No lights nor radio
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 09:41 PM
If we're going out and it's dark, or it's going to get dark when we're still out, we leave the lamp on in the living room. We also close the blinds and curtains.

We sometimes put the radio on if we're out at night, but not always. They probably don't need the radio now but we put it on anyway.

ETA: If they want to be in the dark, in the peace and quite, they can go in to either bedroom if they choose.
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I leave the hall light on if I go out in the evening and I also turn it on at lunch time if I'm going to be home after dark. My old lady's eyesight is so poor nowadays, she's reluctant to move around the house in the dark. Don't leave the radio on though.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I use to leave the kitchen light on my oh use to say what are you leaving that on for they are dogs they can see.
I find Peat will sleep if it is dark and he also knows we are not there somewhere.
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 02:04 PM
We leave a light on if we're going out and it's dark or will be dark by the time we get back. We also leave the radio on when we're at work for a bit of company.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I may leave a small table light on, but for us rather than the dogs!

We have blackout curtains etc, so you can't see any light from outside, but I'd rather not fumble around in the dark when I get in...

The outside security light is on all the time though, as it's a sensor one. It means that my back door is lit up when I come home - reassuring!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Mine have the fish tank on which gives a lot of light but if we go out when its already dark we leave the living room light on. They also always have the radio on with a few treats or a stuffed kong.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >