View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-11-2005, 03:59 PM

Involved in Rescue? Dogweb needs YOU! :)

As you might have noticed I am thinking about revamping our rescue sections, and I posted a thread in General Dog Chat about it, if you haven't seen it please take a look by clicking here.

However in this thread I am hoping to get the names of people involved in rescue, who would like to have a say/help in shaping the rescue area of Dogweb. (I will set up a new 'private' section where we can discuss in further detail the rescue section revamp.)

So if you are a representative of a rescue and use the internet to help find homes for your dogs, and are interested in using Dogweb for this purpose, please either PM me or let us know in this thread who you are so we can add you to the list. When the new sections are live, only 'registered' rescues will be able to post in the 'dogs needing homes section', so please get in touch if you think you may use it at some point.

Remember this is your chance to have a say in how we will set up and actually do things here in our rescue sections, rather than me '2nd guessing' what's needed and saying "here, use this!"

I'm sure many will recognise the benefit of using Dogweb for finding homes for their dogs, but If anyone is in any doubt over whether Dogweb can help a rescue then they just need look at our position - in terms of traffic I'd say we are in the top three of Dog sites in the UK. We serve millions of page views every month and are growing on a daily basis. I'm sure to a rescue, every little bit helps, but I hope we can use our position to give them more than just that
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi Azz,
I help rehome dogs for the kennels I work at - High heys Farm Cattery and Kennels
I also do transporting for the pound dogs.

With permission, would also like to cross post some dogs needing homes for WAW (Warrington Animal Welfare).
cycas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi
I am the Oldies Club webmaster. The OC homes old or disabled dogs, runs foster homes, and we also help promote older dogs for a lot of other rescues, and help out with homechecking & transport for rescues that need to home a particularly hard to home dog further afield.

We would like to post some of our own dog's details here, perhaps also publicise fundraising initiatives, and possibly also post details of some of the dogs we are publicising for other rescues (with their knowledge and consent).

There is an OC committee, so if things get busy, some of them may come and register to help out: we run everything online.

However, at the moment we are still a bit cautious about Dogweb: we deal with poundies, are very conscious of the dog overpopulation problem, and the proposed breeders directory here caused us some agonising. Up to now we've mostly stuck to rescue-only forums. But the excellent article on responsible breeding on the homepage made us think it was worth a try (plus, of course - a new audience and the chance to sell the idea of adopting an oldie to them!).

Thought it might be useful to note these concerns exist.

Victoria Clare
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 06:34 PM
a big thank you for this idea eraze as I am sure you will appreciate any help that we can get to help us with our work is gratefully appreciated and already has proved invaluable with the support we have been given by the great bunch on dogweb
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Think you know me already
Representative and worker for Animal Concern Cumbria's West Branch,Tel LInda: 01900 61669

Just also wanted to say 'Hello' to everyone else here
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi Guys - sorry I've been busy, but here's an update:

Amanda (Cumbrian Lass) has been helping me with the basic layout and I'd be grateful if you could now give us your feedback.

The page you are about to see will be what people see when they click on the 'rescue sections' section heading on the main forum homepage - in addition the new rescue sections will have its own unique URL: www.dogweb.co.uk/rescue so the rescue sections can be quickly and easily reffered to.

Big thanks to Amanda for her help.

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-12-2005, 01:08 AM
PS - none of the forums can be posted in yet, they are for demo purposes only...
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Jackie (corsogirl) rescue co-ordinator for CaneCorsouk&MolosserRescue
which is part of The Cane Corso Club UK
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
think it looks fab azz
well done to u and linda
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi

I am a volunteer and staff member for Wiccaweys Rescued Border Collie and Working Sheepdog Rescue, official title is Fosterers Co-ordinator.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >