Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2006, 11:33 PM

Tip & Beau

Been looking through some old pictures - thought i'd scan them in and share them.

Here's Tip (Heinze 57 family dog) 1975-1988

Here's Beau (Springer) 1984-1996

PS

Came accross this - thought i'd just stick it in here:

If it should be that I grow weak and pain should keep me from my sleep. Then you must do what must be done, for the last battle can't be won. You will be sad - I understand, don't let this grief stay your hand. For this day, more than all the rest, your love for me must stand the test. We've had so many happy times, what has to come can hold no fears. You'd not want me to suffer so, the time has come, please let me go. Take me where my needs they'll tend, and please stay with me to the end. Hold me firm and speak with me, until my eyes no longer see. I know that in time you will see the kindness that you did for me. Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved. Please do not grieve, it must be you who has this painful thing to do. We've been so close, we two, these years, don't let your heart hold back its tears.
Author Anonymous.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 07:39 AM
The first dog above was our childhood friend.We went on so many Sunday mornings walks together during my teenage years. He was my confidante......Lovely to see him on here. I can remember the feel of his ears as I stroked his head. Guess that`s why I now have Fudge in my life...

The second was a real character. A very intelligent noble dog . He was very well travelled and loved to be outside.He came to live with us as Philip's dog after my elder brother, a gamekeeper in Ireland, gave him as a Birthday gift.

Thanks Philip for a trip down memory lane....p.s you owe me a pack of tissues!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Great pics Phil and nice words. Tip looks a lot like my ole Jess
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2006, 07:56 AM
That's my brother (head removed) with Beau and the ducks.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Oh that poem has me in tear! You can just imagine that this is exactly how a dog would feel. They love you more than themselves. Oh damn here I go again! Beautiful dogs both of them xx
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Beutiful dogs, that springer was truly handsome!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:08 PM
What lovely photos of two smashing dogs. We miss them forever, don't we?