Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jacquiestringer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:50 PM

Dog buddies in Leeds

Hi

I have a Sprollie called Scamp and I would like her to meet some new friends. She is about 6 years old (we got her from Dogs Trust where she was picked up as a stray so we dont know anything about her age/background). She can be snappy with some dogs, especially dogs bigger than her like Labradors but seems to like smaller dogs such as Dachshunds!!

My husband and I would like to meet other dog walkers in Leeds to make friends with our Scampy.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 07:28 AM
i have 5 springers and walk regularly at Temple newsam with couple of friends that also have a couple of spaniels each, your more than welcome to join us, Sunday mornings are our regular group walk
Jacquiestringer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Thank you very much for your kind offer. As Scampy is a bit wary of new friends and can be a bit unsure of herself, I think she would be overwhelmed if she had so many dogs around her. Scampy has hip dysplaysia in both hips and a bad knee so she is not as boisterous as most Spaniels are and stays on a long flexi lead. I would really love for her to make new friends (and for my hubby and I to make new doggy friends too!) but I think I would need to introduce her to one dog at a time in a calm way so as not to spook her
Jasper's Mum
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi I'm a new member and new mum to Jasper also from Dog's Trust Leeds. Would be happy to meet you for walks but Jasper is a very confident and bouncy (but very friendly) young terrier boy so I wonder if he would be too quick and jumpy for Scampy?
Jacquiestringer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi, Generally Scamp seems to feel less threatened with smaller dogs - she made a good friend of a Dachshund cross round the corner from us but sadly he passed away a couple of months ago and she misses him. Not sure how she would react to a "bouncy" dog as she is very placid but could meet up and give it a go! the nearest parks to where we live (Garforth) are Temple Newsam and Lotherton Hall - do you live near either of them? We could arrange you for a walk one day and see how it goes?
scouse mouse
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-05-2011, 05:56 PM
New dog here. a 10 month old gsd x bc. he is only young and quite bouncy and as friendly as they come. we're in the wetherby area but have a car and can travel if anybody would like to go for a walk. would hate for him not to have any doggy friends!