View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Lol! That was a bit in yer face!!!!! I take the hint!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Before all of the hype, it was just to find that Higgs thingamigig and to show them what happened at the time of the Big Bang when the earth was created, and all of a sudden, they have now come up with all of these "extra's" we are going to get, well, MIGHT be going to get!
Maybe the lawsuits have concentrated the (non science) minds at CERN and they've realised that some positive publicity is needed to justify the money being spent. I believe I did say in an earlier post that some good things have come out over the 60 odd years that they've been beavering away there. But like all science, it's not guaranteed that there will be all these benefits 'tho I grudgingly admit that considering what they are spending there must be something worthwhile come from it.

Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
They did mention it though, its just more in the media now so people will think they have just mentioned it.
Where do you find all these links Phil
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Maybe the lawsuits have concentrated the (non science) minds at CERN and they've realised that some positive publicity is needed to justify the money being spent. I believe I did say in an earlier post that some good things have come out over the 60 odd years that they've been beavering away there. But like all science, it's not guaranteed that there will be all these benefits 'tho I grudgingly admit that considering what they are spending there must be something worthwhile come from it.

Where do you find all these links Phil

Im a big nerd
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Sorry and try not to worry as there is not much to worry about.(I wouldnt be surprised to see the machine break down)
You should listen to me, its broke down and will take a least a a couple of months to fix.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2008, 12:18 PM
You should listen to me, its broke down and will take a least a a couple of months to fix.
Nice bit of crystal ball gazing there Phil, can you do the 2:15 at Kempton for me while you're in the mood
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Nice bit of crystal ball gazing there Phil, can you do the 2:15 at Kempton for me while you're in the mood
If I could I would be brilliant, more so as there is no racing at kempton today
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2008, 05:00 PM
me too - thought something would overheat and it did
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16