Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borderbob
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Should I go back to Eukanuba or JWB?

Hi i recently put my lab (was on Eukanuba) and my border on Orijen, i did this as the border was fussy eater and didnt touch dry food but would the orijen, he also gets some jwb lamb and rice - no cereals or grain etc as he may have ibd.

my lab seems very sleepy and almost sad looking now, wondering wether to put bck onto euk or maybe jwb something as he will eat anything.

he also had a epileptic fit last week think this was due to his meds being lowered prob not due to food etc. vet didnt think so. he just seems to be very lazy and sleepy.

orijen is high in protein - perhaps i was wrong to swap as he was fine on euk - not much diff in price -

advice welcome?
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Although I have zero confidence that Orijen is any better than anything else, I wouldn't expect it to have caused the problem. I would be inclined to talk to the vet and look for another cause.

If you do switch, I would go back to the Eukanuba. You know he was doing OK on it, and if he doesn't improve, you can be sure it isn't the food. The JWB is well though of, but you can't be sure if he doesn't do well on it.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Just checked the Orijen ingrediants and it has rosemary in it which is to be avoided with epileptic dogs.

Could be why he fitted.

rune