View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2011, 09:34 PM
We were there on Saturday and you couldn't move in some places as it was that full. A lot busier than last year!

I was loosing my rag though with people randomly stopping in the middle of an isle or just being generally ignorant to the fact that there was actually other people there too.

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by MarcusF View Post
We were there on Saturday and you couldn't move in some places as it was that full. A lot busier than last year!

I was loosing my rag though with people randomly stopping in the middle of an isle or just being generally ignorant to the fact that there was actually other people there too.

It was absolutely solid wasnt it Marcus. Know what you mean about the people stopping too!
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It was absolutely solid wasnt it Marcus. Know what you mean about the people stopping too!
There were a couple of areas where you couldn't actually move forward. I did find though that if someone was messing about in front of us, letting Talon walk next to them soon moved them on....lol
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I would think that if it was that crowded it would be awful for the dogs moving through it!

I have seen people struggling through with dogs and it is dreadful.

They could really do with a larger area.

Thats a positive suggestion!

rune
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I would think that if it was that crowded it would be awful for the dogs moving through it!

I have seen people struggling through with dogs and it is dreadful.

They could really do with a larger area.

Thats a positive suggestion!

rune
Once when I was there, I saw people pushing so much they were pushing into a working guide dog....not good.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Once when I was there, I saw people pushing so much they were pushing into a working guide dog....not good.
I had a friend who took a Muzzle for that purpose.....she put it on the dog before she had to go anywhere....that worked!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:50 PM
we just avoid crowds with the dogs - hence no shopping, wont leave the dogs alone with out anyone to sit with them, we stay ring side where is not to bad. They have breaks out side. I feel more public should be respectful, I know its a public event but that does not give people the right to touch dogs without asking, put fingers through crates..or take pictures with out permission. All things bugged me.. But thats them with no manners for you!
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:55 PM
The crowds were terrible on Sat. Had to battle from the benching in hall one to the dog games stand in hall five to exchange a harness, took me an hour! Found people wanting to take pictures of the dogs very polite though.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Only one person asked me if she could, and I was more than happy for her to. I am always more than happy for anyone to take pictures, pet the dogs, ask for information..I just wish some respect was shown - there not toys..
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Most folk I saw moved out the way for bigger dogs. And crates containing dogs otherwise they've have got their legs knocked!

As for small dogs, many picked them up or crated them if they had to bring them through crowds, but most exited using the doors nearest to their benching.

When I had to go through crowds with Roxy, I just scooped her up - no problem! She got lots of attention and had a snooze! I didn't carry her all the time though, sometimes she walked through without a problem. Bagging herself freebies on the way!

Guide Dogs, Dogs for the Disabled etc, have to be able to cope with crowds so this was good for them. Seen many "in training" youngsters taking it all in their stride as well.

I will be posting pictures of my "hot and stressed" dog at Crufts tonight!
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >