Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 06:13 PM

clicking joints at 19!!!!!

Hellp! everytime i bend down, as in bends my knees my knee joints really crack! sounds awful also my arms do this some times when i move suddenly! I kinda expected this in an older person, but im only 19!! whats going on!?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 06:14 PM
My daughter is only 12 and her's are exactly the same, it makes me cringe everytime she goes to sit on the floor!
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Don,t know but i was told that it wasn't the joints that were clicking but your tendons, i used to get it alot but not very often now. If you are worried and it has just started happening maybe have a word with your doctor? just for peace of mind
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Its gas in the synovial fluid of the joints perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Only continual cracking ( cracking knuckles on purpose) should be discouraged as can cause soft tissue damage over a period of time.

Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 09:56 PM
My ankles click when I first get up in the morning and walk across the bedroom, I know I'm 34 but this has been going on since my early 20's. Also my jaw clicks sometimes when I eat something chewy, but I think that's because my jaw has never been right since having my wisdom teeth out, I think the dentist propped my mouth open a bit too wide!
maharet
New Member!
Female 

18-03-2006, 10:48 PM
hi every one
clicking joints can be put down to too much caffiene.......i have had it and since i have cut down cafiene...ie coca cola.....its stopped.....some paracetemol, contain more cafiene than pro plus...so be carefull not to OD on it....hope this helps
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by maharet
hi every one
clicking joints can be put down to too much caffiene.......i have had it and since i have cut down cafiene...ie coca cola.....its stopped.....some paracetemol, contain more cafiene than pro plus...so be carefull not to OD on it....hope this helps
That could account for me and my clicking, i know i drink to much coffee!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Don't think it's that with my 12 year old daughter We rarely drink coke, all our tea and coffee is de-caf.............but she doesn't drink it anyway!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 12:20 PM
ahhh thanks for the advice guys, i dont have much caffeine either, thought i was getting old before my time lol
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-03-2006, 01:15 PM
My knees used to be awful! They're a lot better since I've been taking Glucosamine. holland and barratt seem to be selling 'em cheap these days.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >