View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Aww well done Fern for being a good lad and making your mum and dad even prouder on your first train ride. I love the last photo - he looks sooooooo cute Can't believe how big he is getting - do you put him in a gro-bag overnight
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 10:56 PM
awwwwwwwww how sweet is that, and his ears are soooo cute! awwww xxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Well done Fern on your very first train ride!

Ever considered getting him a job as ticket collector MC?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 12:45 AM
fern is gorgeous i love his ears

u can take dogs on all trains and they ride for free. Ive taken all 3 dogs on a train b4 with no problems. you can also take them on buses, which took me a while to find out! free again
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny

u can take dogs on all trains and they ride for free. Ive taken all 3 dogs on a train b4 with no problems. you can also take them on buses, which took me a while to find out! free again
Sadly not always true, at least not here. I have been charged before to take a dog on a bus. In fact I know someone who was refused the ride as "The bus was too full to accommodate a dog"!
RobK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Great pics!!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Wow, he is looking gorgeous

Glad he enjoyed his first train ride!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny

Thanks for the info Jenny

That's handy to know

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Sadly not always true, at least not here. I have been charged before to take a dog on a bus. In fact I know someone who was refused the ride as "The bus was too full to accommodate a dog"!
I guess that would happen sometimes...Still even if you get charged it might not be the much??

I could imagine some buses that do get very full wouldn't take a dog...I have been on some really packed buses that I wouldn't want to take them on incase people stood on their paws and stuff...But I suppose if you travelled at a good time you would be fine...It's good to know that it is possible to take them on public transport though...

But...lol...Can you even imagine my two on a bus! They would either scare people to death or make alot of friends...lol
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 01:27 AM
MC Fern is maturing into a beauty and how those ears just keep growing and the body cannot keep up.
he is going to be a giant mc.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi guys, thanks so much for all your kind comments, OH thought his ears were getting smaller I think these photos prove otherwise

Mys - trains out our way let dogs travel free, not sure about buses, don't use them as most utility stores/parks etc are so close to our house. I think it is dependant on the train operators however I think it would be unfortunate if they did charge, particularly those who have a need for guide dogs. To be honest I haven't seen many dogs travelling on trains.

Fern was great on the train for the most of the time, no parking, no peeing which was great. We sat in the area where the toilet is, which has wide open spaces for those travelling with suitcases. Fern loved the aroma that mingled in the air :smt078 and we spent a good bit of energy wrestling him away from the toilet

Rip I think in 2 months time Fern will be qualified to be warden of the fare evaders

Foxy, I don't know how he got so big He was playing with his girlfriend Gems a bluemerle that he adores, and she just ignores him - he is only 2 cms off being the same height as her, and she is 3 years old - Fern is 4 months

He's pretty good old Fern although we found that he kaka'd in his crate this morning - and it was very strange - we heard him yelp in pain around 1am, ran down to see what the story, OH concluded it was a nightmare but when I went down to let him out around 6.30am for a wee I found the mess in his crate - poor wee boy - I think he past a nylabone without the ends on it

Thanks so much for all your kind comments about Fern, I'm sure if he could understand there would be plenty of doggy kisses to go around.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >