Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pickles 9
New Member!
Female 

08-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Pickles is depressed - i think!

Today, Pickles is 11 months old! So this was her first fireworks night - which rapidly is turning into a fireworks week where i live!!
Well, She was terrified on saturday night - I even let her get up on the sofa with me for a cuddle while they were all going off! She was trembling and was very quiet.
Now, since then, all she's done is sit in her cage with such a sad face on! She is reluctant to go out, and even though i try to coax her into playing with her ball, she just sighs and gets back into her cage...
I want my baby back!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Aww...bless. Cassie did the same on Saturday but only for the last 10 minutes or so. Was up around my neck and now sticks her head out the dog flap before going out! I'm sure Pickles will come around
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Poor Pickles I'm sure she'll come round
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 05:00 PM
aww poor pickles give her plenty of hugs and kisses
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Aww that's a shame. I'm sure someone can give you advise on what to do to make her feel more confident. I'm sure she'll be back to her usual self soon.
It takes a while for Brandie to be happy going out at night after fireworks night. But she gets back to her normal self

Give Pickles a hug
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 07:07 PM
give pickles a hug from me. heres hoping she will feel better soon
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Jake seemed a bit mopey on Monday, I reckon because there were loads of people visiting over the weekend, then it was all quiet again. He seems to be getting back into the normal routine though. Possibly Pickles will settle down once things are a bit more normal too.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Tia is a bit strange this week! She has gotten really stressed in the evenings esp when fireworks are on! She is beside herself then! I am not sure if there is something wrong with her or if she is anticipating! Can dogs anticipate darkness with fireworks? She is eating fine, enjoying walks etc, tum normal, just in the pm she gets stressed and not happy!
I hope Pickles gets back to normal soon!
Pickles 9
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, it's now Thursday, and she's starting to pick up a little, she has still been in her cage asleep for most of the time, only coming out to sit next to me by the sofa for a minute or two, and then moping back to the cage for a lie down. I've tried to encourage her to come and have cuddles, but she just goes back to the cage... maybe she likes the cage, seeing as she's been in there now for 2 weeks... the crate training has gone like a dream!! She no longer cries when i go out, (she used to cry when i left her without the crate, so i thought it was about time i got tough and crated her - and she can no longer destroy my carpets!!)

Anyway, she's getting better slowly.

Thanks to everyone.