Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2020, 06:57 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 30th April, 2020

Good morning all, another month gone. Have a good day, keep warm and dry and stay safe and well. God bless. Our four legged friends too. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Harvey the clear out doesn't just involve the last few months try many many years. It seems to have moved with us everytime Still a lot of stuff in his shed(s) and he even encroaches into my little bit.

Nice morning here after heavy rain during the night. I was going to clean the car which was full of seagull you know what but the rain has washed that off so the cleaning can wait another few days

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Chucking it down, freezing cold here.
Nothing planned today...had a row with the lazy binmen, fed up with them now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
clear out doesn't just involve the last few months try many many years.

Well I'll hold my hand up and say yes we do have a few boxes which are from house moves many years ago. They are in the roof loft space and we don't go up there very often so it's sort of 'Out of sight out of mind'
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-04-2020, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all, another month gone. Have a good day, keep warm and dry and stay safe and well. God bless. Our four legged friends too. God bless.

Morning Moyra,

Hope you are well and Amber too. While waiting for the lockdown to fininsh are you making a tick list of things for when you start looking to move, I found it very useful, didn't manage to get every box ticked but it did help and nows the time to do it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Afternoon Moyra, Sue, griff, Harvey and all to follow.
Rainy day on and off here to.

Did my shop today just for us today Graham next door went away to family I guess last Tuesday he was struggling. Bit cross not only breaking lockdown but he has left his Sapnile at home and some neighbours across the road are seeing to her but of course she is on her most of the time.
Oh well I will be reluctant to help in future.
Michael and Margaret only needed a couple of bits so have either manages without or he has naughtliy popped to the local Morrisons. Must say it was nice just shopping for us again and not doing the 1hr round trip to Downham and back. Mind you the unpacking is a nightmare everything gets wiped down put onto kitchen counters then put away takes an age.
Still all done now and sitting down.

Hope all are keeping well and four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2020, 03:43 PM
Afternoon all

Been to work and all good. weather improved but looks like bad weather coming sky very dark.

Lynn Sounds like he is really struggling your neighbour for some people this must be terrible. Glad you got your shopping sorted and home safely.

Moyra Hope life is treating you well.

Lynn and TW Good luck with the clearing out I have been so bored on my days off I have been washing buckets out. LOL

Losos Yes a tick box would be a good idea for Moyra.

Griff Try not to get too stressed.

Stay well everyone and have a good evening all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Yes he was struggling Kazz. He is a hard worker but due to his cancer didn't dare go out. He did say the time I dropped his last bits of shopping off he was struggling and his family in Cornwall said to visit but he was worried he would get there and then have to turn back. He does have a daughter nearby in another village he might of gone there I suppose.
Just wish he had been able to take his little Spaniel with him she is being fed, watered by another neighbour but is on her own a lot and does cry, she does do that when he is working to but I just feel for her being on her own so much.
Try to see the neighbour but he visits at odd times when I am either walking Dillon or tucked up out the back.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2020, 05:08 PM
That's a terrible shame.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-04-2020, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Just wish he had been able to take his little Spaniel with him she is being fed, watered by another neighbour but is on her own a lot and does cry, she does do that when he is working to but I just feel for her being on her own so much.

It's sad because we all know that dogs are gregarious creatures, they crave company no matter what it is or how they are treated, we have all seen that with abandoned dogs.

At least when he was working he would be at home at night TBH it would have been better if he had re-homed the dog before he left. What happens if the person comming in to feed and change her water can't do it one day