View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:01 PM

do u think its wrong to use sun tanning oil??

I use banana boat sun tanning oil! has sun factor 2 btw in it

Do the members on here think its wrong too and also if you use which type do you use!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I guess it depends on how long you are out in the sun, and what your skin type is.

The sun is getting harsher these days, therefore a higher risk of skin cancer, not to mention the ageing effect it has on it.

Tend to use high factor and if needing a tan for a special occasion will usually pull out the fake stuff.

Although the skin needs a healthy dose of sun, too much of it on the other hand....
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:09 PM
on us or the dogs???...lol

I would use it on my dogs if they had the type of coat that may mean they could get sunburn and I have used it on the inside of Keena's ears last summer while she was out playing in the garden as a little pup...I would use it on them again if I knew they were gonna be out for any time when it is hot and unshaded...I would prefer to just keep them in the shade though.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:10 PM
My real dad was dark skinned and my mum has white skin but she tans very easy!

so i can tan easy too!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh be careful Hayley and make sure your skin is protected. With my colouring I am extra paranoid - factor 15 moisturiser all the time and no less than factor 30 for me in this weather - but you don't need to go that far.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Ohhh...ok sun oil, for us!...

Sun oil makes you fry quicker doesn't it??...Unlike sun lotion that protects you??...

Hmm I dunno...just whatever you do, don't get burned and ruin your skin!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I have read it somewhere, that your skin will only go as dark as it will go :smt004, that meaning that whatever your skin colour, it will go.... lets say 3/4 times darker than it is normaly, and no amount of sunbathing will make it go any darker, so the sun cream you use is there to protect your skin from the harmful rays that burn, and not how dark you will go. So a factor 2 is not going to do anything to protect your skin, i would use anything between an 8 to 15.

I use a 15 and i go very brown , and it has been years since i have burnt, also find your tan will last longer if your skin does not burn
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:25 PM
but i have dark skin anyway! so im lucky in that way!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I use Factor 15 most of the time and if I am going out for the day I sometimes use the kids higher factor too (usually a 20 or 25)
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I have dark skin and I tan very easily, I barely ever burn but the absolute lowes factor I will use is 8.

If you use oil, you fry too fast, and even if it looks like you haven't burned, your skin gets dry and you either end up peeling or you lose the tan really fast.

If you use a higher factor, and tan for shorter lengths of time, over a longer perios of a couple of weeks or more, as long as you moisturize properly you will have a lovely long lasting tan

I never use any factor lower than 15 on my face.

TBH What's the point in trying to get really dark in one day, it's not worth the risk of cancer/wrinkles etc.

I have seen women who have been sunbathing constantly since they were teenagers, at the age of 30 they look about 45, their skin is like leather. It's disgusting.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >