View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Thank you all. I'm feeling better just for talking about it.

I thought about leaving the housework but the laminate floor was practically black with dog paw prints! I have however introduced new rules. The dogs are only allowed in through the utilities where they have to stay until there feet are dry. In theory I should only ever have to worry about mopping that room regularly

I'm sorry to hear you have MS Crystal. I have a friend who suffers with it to and she has the exact problem you do. I once had to explain to a police officer that she wasn't drunk, I'm still not convinced they believed me...

I'm just counting down the days to the 25th now. The sooner I can start getting sorted, the better.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 05:05 PM
It's good to hear that it helps just to 'talk about it'. You shouldn't hesitate to do so if it makes you feel less anxious.

It's often easier to talk to people who don't know you personally and/or who aren't related or know any of your friends and neighbours.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I have Ord's thyroiditis which is like hashi's but my thyroid has shrunk ...
the dose will take a while to settle and you need to get tested often
The brain confusion can also be b12 deficiency ..
So its worth asking if you can be tested on your next blood test ...
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
It's good to hear that it helps just to 'talk about it'. You shouldn't hesitate to do so if it makes you feel less anxious.

It's often easier to talk to people who don't know you personally and/or who aren't related or know any of your friends and neighbours.
I think that's the thing, it's easy to talk about it when I can remain anonymous to a point. I've never been one for talking face to face about things, thank you for your support.

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I have Ord's thyroiditis which is like hashi's but my thyroid has shrunk ...
the dose will take a while to settle and you need to get tested often
The brain confusion can also be b12 deficiency ..
So its worth asking if you can be tested on your next blood test ...
I didn't know b12 was linked to the brain problems I will definitely ask at my next appointment, thank you Murf. I'm almost impossible to get blood out of! The nurse makes me book double appointments. Did it take long for the medication to make a difference? I hope you are well in yourself.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2013, 05:28 PM
And remember once you diagnosed you are entitled to free prescription ..
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I self medicate with b12 as my results are on the low end of the uk range ..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 05:33 PM
You can see one immediate benefit - you quickly find others who suffer with much the same problems.

I always think one of the big advantages of pouring out your woes to 'internet communities' that you've come to 'know' is that they won't go running to your mum, siblings or neighbours telling them how worried they are about you! Or even judging you - depending on the type of problem.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Thyroid issues can be overlooked for years ,,
I was put on depression medication as the symptoms can be the same..
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You can see one immediate benefit - you quickly find others who suffer with much the same problems.

I always think one of the big advantages of pouring out your woes to 'internet communities' that you've come to 'know' is that they won't go running to your mum, siblings or neighbours telling them how worried they are about you! Or even judging you - depending on the type of problem.
You're right there! I know no one with this which means apart from the doctor and the Internet I have no where to get information.

You're right about no one going of and discussing you as well. I keep the worst of it from my Dad because he has enough to worry about and you can guarantee if I mentioned it to someone it would get back to him. That's the problem with close knit communities!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 06:01 PM
And remember once you diagnosed you are entitled to free prescription ..
I'd heard about that but can't remember where...

I self medicate with b12 as my results are on the low end of the uk range ..
If I get tested then and see what it's like then look at taking b12. The brain stuff is very frustrating.

Thyroid issues can be overlooked for years ,,
I was put on depression medication as the symptoms can be the same..
I'd heard this, the silly thing is I went in for other problems and the thyroid came up on the general bloods they ran. I'd just assumed this was me and that was that and then they go and tell me that I actually have something wrong. It was a shock.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >