15-08-2005, 11:49 AM
haha Yeah work is the annoying thing between bed and being with the dogs
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Willow
haha Yeah work is the annoying thing between bed and being with the dogs
IŽm trying to get ready for taking some time off on friday and hopefuly next week too.
Next weekend is BH meeting but all the stuff needs to be done here its just hopeless Doesnt help I go on DW I suppose
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 12:22 PM
It doesnt help I go on here either ! But I restrict it (try to) at lunch times, but I have 2 weeks off soon so yippee !! Already getting things together so people can find things when I'm away

I have a relative staying and have already informed them that they will be an extra dummy thrower/training partner
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Willow
I have a relative staying and have already informed them that they will be an extra dummy thrower/training partner
Do you rent them out to?? I could use a helper.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 04:15 PM
I'll have another go tomorrow, have got visitors tonight.

Our phone line is VERY dodgy and we quite often get a crossed line which boots us off the internet. The phone line is underground most of the way up the valley and I think that's where the problem is, not to mention the generator going off so our power goes off all the time! Will perservere as I would love to see the clips.

Helen
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I hope you do get to see them

Amts, I am the envy of my gundog classes as my husband comes out training with me a lot and is my resident dummy thrower, whenever I'm out with friends I make them throw or place a dummy somewhere as well

To bad your not near me as I would love to train with someone else who's into gundog things

Something funny happened the other day which I think some people will maybe get a giggle out of, I dont know if you do it there, but when dummies get thrown here for retrieves a lot of the time a prr prr noise is made at the same time, kinda like a cat's pur almost. (Hopefully other english gundog ppl will know what I'm talking about) and the dog gets to know the noise that a retrieve is coming, the other day at work I had the radio on and the song that was on made that noise, the flattie was dozing away and heard it, he jumped up and ran round looking for a dummy, and tried to retrieve something for me, which was quite comical. ........ well it was funny at the time

x
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 07:46 AM
I can picture him searching high and low for the dummy - poor dog.

I dont make the sound myself. IŽll say "mark" when throwing a dummy and the gun being shot also taught them that nows the time to be alert and pay attention.
My neighbour, who I sometimes train with, has the most gorg Kl. Münsterlænder, and if he shoots Ally will run around the corner of the house to look whats going on, back to get me and wanting me to follow her and let her go pick it up She can not understand its not always for her and to see her trying almost desperate to tell me "hear mum, its right there - lets go" is priceless. She loves it so much and thats so great

On my mobile phone, when I get a textmessage, I have a whistle sound. At first when it was on Ally would run for the phone
Now she can tell it from the real whistle but for quite some time she would react to my phone - now known as recall phone

I would also love if we lived closer. When you are ready and have gotten started those trials IŽll ask J (Bellaluna) to come and weŽll chear for you Spend a weekend at the trials and see how youŽre doing it and of course be your support team
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by amts
I would also love if we lived closer. When you are ready and have gotten started those trials IŽll ask J (Bellaluna) to come and weŽll chear for you Spend a weekend at the trials and see how youŽre doing it and of course be your support team
Sure and then I'll bring Luna and let you all see if there's any potential in her, I just cant find

J
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I can't see any of the vids! :smt089

Great pics though!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Willow have you tried this host instead?

It might take a good while longer to get the link done, but its worked every time for me:

http://video.freevideoblog.com/Upload.uplx

When the clip is all done loading and ready to show, you will get a link in the mailbox.

Use the 2. link ending with saying "click here to see clip" (or sommin like that). Copy and paste it into the post you are making

I have had a bit of problems with the zippy host lately...

I would love to see your clips

Love your pics 2 of my favourite breeds

J
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »