Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Ooh he's a bit Nippy!!

I did this thread a while ago about a rescue rehoming a rottie to my old housemate
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=149686

Well im back home for a few days and the girl in question has buggared off to france with her fella leaving the dog in question with my old housemate

I went round to see them last night and knocked on the door instead of just walking in, Rob answered and his first words were "its a good job u didn't just walk in max can be a bit nippy " he's a rotty, I didn't think rotties could be nippy to be honest but apparently max is.

He's also not house trained, attacks other dogs, can get out of muzzles and to top it off if he feels like it will nip you

There just are no words to be honest x
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Cant you phone the rescue centre Jem & tell them whats happening with this dog? Or better still suggest to the lad looking after it that it needs to go back to the rescue for obvious reasons

I know its not ideal but rather that than have it bite some-one, poor lad is obviously not settled at all or had no training etc...

Cant think of what else you could do chick xx
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Because its not Rob's dog he cant do much, I spoke to him about it last night as he's just been left with max, he's not afraid of him but he says he doesn't trust him because of his behaviour, I dont want to cause any problems for rob as he could be kicked out of where he's living.

The big pain in the **** is now the lass who's house is it has gone away and rob works weekends guess who's looking after max?? My mum as she lives next door but one, if he nips her i'll take him back to the rescue myself x
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Your poor Mum must have a heart of gold. Saying that mind its not the dogs fault he is the way he is, he just hasnt been taught any better

I hope hes ok with your mum xxx
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Thats the thing its not his fault, he's 7 and has been in the rescue for 3 years for whatever reaon,

Im torn between ringing the rescue or leaving it x
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 11:49 AM
The thing is if you ring the rescue & say look I know there wasnt a home check done, surely tht might get them kick started into doing something about the dog & the situation he is in.
If you leave it & something happens to some-one or another animal , then you may regret not calling them.

Its cr+p that its left for some-one else to sort out while shes off relaxing...grrrrrrrrr
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 01:34 PM
i personally would just give the rescue a ring and explain what is happening, as rubster has said above, its then up to the rescue to decide what should happen, the dog was signed over to her NOT her housemate
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Rang the rescue this afternoon, If my mum hadn't gone in 3 times today the poor boy would on his own for 13 hours x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Poor boy How did you get on with the rescue?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 12:31 PM
They asked a lot of questions, they were told a few home truths as i was asked about her husband (she doesn't have a husband ) they took my name n number and that was that so i dont know what will come of it.

My mum came back from seeing him this morning and he'd knocked her over so i'll sort him for the rest of the day but i've told the house mate my mum isn't looking after this dog anymore, she's not steady on her feet anyway never mind being pushed about by a rottie, he also grabbed her wrist hard enough to leave teeth marks because she tried to leave him.

In no way do i blame max but this poor dog is suffering really for no reason x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >