Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Afternoon,
Brr it's very cold and very wet and windy here but I know we are very lucky really cos I know it's not as bad as some of you have it.
Tony is coming down with a cold and feels rubbish but has gone to work. His mum is not well at all with a bug, they can both keep it cos I don't want it.
I went to hospital to see the consultant, Ive not got to go back for 6 month unless I get more pain then I can have another pain killing injection. And of course I need to loose more weight, expected that
Got to go to work shortly not fancying that
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
been for my bloodtest, had the dogs walked before i went and one of the plum trees round the side has come down, shame as it has been here since we were kids, luckily it fell the way it did or my garage would have been squished Lol
Glad your garage survived, hope the bloodiest are ok
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Not a lot of an improvement here, still windy and with heavy showers.
The doctors surgery is above the harbour and by gum was it blowing out there.
Doc confirmed shingles, which, as funny as it sounds I was delighted with as my sister in law came just before I left and told me it was flea bites cross or what haha.
I have got some tabs that should ease the symptoms.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 03:20 PM
awww Mandy, do you know what, you could walk in there with a sore throat and they would blame your weight for it! i think you are doing well as you are trying to lose weight anyway...better slow and steady than drop it all quickly and pile more on at a later date. I hope your MIL is better soon and that Tony keeps his germs to himself.
Anyone need coats for their dog??? Hyperdrug are knocking out weatherbeeta ones at 10.99 each!!!
http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Dog-Coats...g/products/53/
they go up to a 28inch as well, just scroll through and you will see the heavier coats at 10.99, i have some coats here that i bought about 8 years ago for my old dog and they are still going strong, same quality as the horse rugs...i may have just blown my money on the dogs.....again! lol, ahhh well, who needs a haircut or their eyebrows shaping Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Nippy, hope the tablets work quickly.... Flea bites Lol...well i don't think flea bites make you feel that rough do they?? plenty of rest for you Mrs
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 03:42 PM
I take it your sister in law doesn't like dogs then Nippy Poor Pepsi being blamed for your shingles. Hope the pills work and make you feel better quickly.

Good you survived your journey for shavings June.

Carry on as you are Mandy better slow than to quick and you put it all back on. Its good that you don't have to go back for six months

Hope blood tests are ok Griff. Lucky the plum tree missed your garage.

Just back from another walk with Teazle. The wind is so strong it stopped me walking forward at one point Back home safe which is the main thing. Just hope son manages to get home ok by train. They seem to be cancelling every other one in to Brighton from this way but at least they are running as it seems that once again the south coast has been cut off from London as trains are cancelled.

Hope everyone stays safe as the storm blows itself out over night.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Very sad about the plum tree, Griff Still wet and windy here.
Mabs bed was just sopping,cleared all that out, dry bedding in and I put the heat lamp on low for her, then moved over to the big house, that wasn't as bad as I first thought, saved a lot of it. Put fresh into the sleeping compartment and moved that bedding into the front bit and its all nice and dry, put a low heat lamp on in there as well. At least it will keep them inside as they are running round in the rain as they are now bored. Also, they knew there was a sack of carrots on the other side of the gate, put that into a nearly empty woodbin out of their way, once I'd put the shaving bales into the loft they all got a big carrot and are lay inside now out of the wet and the wind.
Cheeky devil, your s-i-l isn't she Nippy. Keep in the warm and dry, its bad here, and I know its really bad down there.
Sue, hope your son makes it back safely
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Just took Amber out again and got soaking wet. It is ghastly out there now. the wind is cutting and with the beating rain stings your face. Still hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Hope everyone is ok. June, hope the girls appreciate what you have done for them and stay warm and dry inside their kennels.

Nippy Jen, glad you have some tablets for your shingles hopefully they will relieve it for you.

Griff, shame about the plum tree but glad it missed your garage.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Gone really cold and thrown another log on the fire, something I don't usually do until later on.
Take care Moyra, hoping Amber will use the patio rather than you have to go out again with her.
Glad I put their heating on now with the weather worsening, it warms up really quickly with those chicken lamps
We've got snow forecast for higher up, so LG will have the staff out shovelling early doors
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Sue, hope your lad makes it home safely
Moyra, hope you get warmed up and dried out quickly
TW, i am sure the girls appreciate the lamp
I am gutted about the tree but if it had fallen on our garage well... that has all the stuff for doing the bathroom in there and the new bedroom furniture for my mum and dads room, that would have been a disaster...although covered by insurance it would be damn inconvenient having to go through the whole flippin lot again
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >