View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi Debbie, oh lordy, nightmare with your parents coming soon Bad timing though! Always summat Good luck.

Thanks Lynn, I thought it was. I'll just have to let him decide on it, but it doesn't seem to bother her at all when I fiddle about with it, well, not a lot, she does know something's not quite right there when I take a look. It's not red like it was though but I do see a crack Just looked again with the magnifying glass, and it's a chunk off the bottom of it, all jagged and was explosing the quick, but no crack, so if I just let it grow out more, it should be fine. Whether or not he'll think the same is another story though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2014, 01:43 PM
If its just cracked it might be ok as long as you keep an eye on it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Afternoon all. I had a bad case of the "gotta go now"s early this morning so had to resort to Loperamide yet again - kept going back to bed each time and then slept until gone 11am and I am still not really "with it" although the "gotta gos" have stopped. Hadda bitta Dogsey read, telephoned Ram about not feeling up to taking Da Booga for a blood test, then went back for another little lie-down - until DB woke me to say it was dindins time.

So - coming up to 4pm and I am still feeling rather "out of it" - should go to the doc as she is here this afternoon but she will only nag me about still not having a blood test and why have I missed the boob mangling yet again...

I actually got something out of the freezer yesterday so have put it on the gas to heat up - hopefully by the time it is piping hot I will still fancy it.

Think it is coffee and ketchup time now!

Hope everyone is OK and that I have not missed anything important - be back when I have finished the ketchup.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Afternoon Malka. Oh dear the gotta go's again is not good.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Lynn - I am beginning to wonder if there is a "Typhoid Mary" on the Moshav as every time I have the screaming habdabs my neighbour says that there is a bug going around, and it seems like every time I get over them and it starts again it is just after I have been over to the macolet.

Obviously I do not have this all the time as I usually go across maybe two or three times a week, but when it does happen it is always after having been to the macolet.

I always wash my hands thoroughly after getting back, and wipe the arms, control panel "hand" and joystick on Xanadu with sanitising wipes. I even carry a small pack of them, plus a small bottle of hand sanitising gel in a side pocket of his wheelchair bag - ditto in the baskets of both The Silver Monster and Tontoo.

It is just a puzzlement - and a bdooly nuisance.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
MALKA,hope you're ok,"gotta go's" aren't good
Finally managed to get out in between showers,thank goodness,herself doesn't half play up when she misses her morning dander All house work done( except the ironing,pretending I can't see that!! )Off to pick up youngest and get something yummy for tea no idea what
DD..oops with the loo trouble,fingers crossed it'll all get sortedYou'll be wrecked at work today since you didn't sleep well maybe if its not to busy you can catch 40 winks
No TW yet? Hope she's ok xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Had a bit of a session on the phone this morning sorting stuff out, then as it is STILL dry I decided to get Lona, Mabs and Fenn out together and get some piccies, which I have done.
They all went in the car really well, Fenn at first stayed in the house and wouldn't follow Mummy and Nanna out, so carried her out, popped her in the back with the others and drove over to the field. Very Unfortunately there was a GSD type of dog with a couple and a child near the swings and it was barking at us, so had to really watch Lona especially as she took a dim view of its antics, her grandaughter was there and couldn't even be looked at by another dog.
Put a little puppy collar and lead on Fenn and she ran round with the lead dragging after her, which is how I start them off getting used to it all.
The piccies have Lona on a line as she was really giving that dog the Evil Eye and I was expecting her to shoot off after it any minute, Mabs wasn't that bovvered, probably because Lona was bovvered enough for both of them, Fenn enjoyed herself running round and rolling in the mud, when we got back to the car she went to climb in with the others but couldn't reach, so popped her in, got home and Lona and Mabs came out and Fenn was a bit stranded, lifted her out and she followed them up the path and into the house, where she had her lunch waiting.
Then took Cariad and Keshi out in the car onto the field, had a game with the ball. We weren't out that long because I was worried about hurting my rib, thank goodness the dog had gone, because Cariad would not have just given it the Evil Eye if she was out with Her Daughter, the dog would have been told off if it had barked, so was a relief it had gone.
So that is Fenn's first successful outing. Will try and get another one in, weather permitting. Will download piccies and put them on a separate thread later.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Sounds as though little Fenn enjoyed her first taste of the big outdoors.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Afternoon June sounds like Fenn had a good time. Thank goodness the dog had gone when you went back or else you would of been laid up in sick bay.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Afternoon all,

I had a lovely walk this morning in the sun at Painshill Park but there was a bitter wind and its the first time that we decided not to stop for a coffee after the walk. We were amazed at the flooding that they had suffered and there were places that we had to walk through thick silt. There was one section where the lake is near to the River Mole (?) and all the bushes and lower parts of the trees were covered in lake weed and debrit which was way above our heads When we finally got back to the car a couple of hours later I had just put my boys back in their crates and Fin who is a really large greyhound decided he was coming back with us .... I ended up taking a photo of him

He's a lovely lad but sadly wasn't allowed to come home with me.

The River Thames is still rising slowly but not the Bourne and we now think its due to the EA opening the Jubilee 'River' which diverts flood water from flooding Maindenhead .... and simply floods everyone below Maidenhead Our lawn is still dry so that is all I care about as its somewhere for the dogs to get out No rain forecast here until tomorrow night so we may yet be OK

Nippy I hope you managed to get Brian an appointment to get his meds sorted out. The weather you are having looks really horrid
Meg You poor thing with your chest infection and I hope the abs sort you soon .... you are on abs aren't you Good luck at finding out where your roof leak is.
Lynne It must be horrendous for all of those living and farming on the Somerset Levels ..... however like us they have chosen to live on flood plain. Years ago the Levels were permanently under water as they are below sea level. The planning departments of council should never have allowed unsuitable buildings to be built. Like here where we live all building now have to be built up hight to let flood water go under them. I am so sorry that your OH's blood results are showing Polymialga. Poor man its a horrible condition.
Helena I am sooooo pleased you've found a lovely person to dog walk with .... you and Zena will love the company Those woods sound fantastic and somewhere to look forward to going in the Spring to see those bluebells. I hope her damaged claw doesn't give her any aggro.
Elaine Congratulations at finally booting that infection into touch
Sorry you're having trouble with your dogs at the moment ... I assume its top dog syndrome having a female in season I hope the status quo returns shortly to your household.
Moyra I wonder if you managed to stick to your guns regarding walking Amber ... it must be difficult but sensible on your part
DaisyD OMG what are the chances of having those problems normally let alone when your parents are about to arrive. Hopefully it'll all be sorted and you'll get more sleep tonight.
Lacey Oooh Lacey doesn't look a scruff ... she looks lovely and she's just my sort of dog as I love hairy dogs
Her wound is looking so much better compared to that photo just after she'd been operated on Hopefully you are on the home run now

I started this post over an hour ago so there are bound to be loads of new posts which I won't have commented on ..... later!!

I've been watching Channel 11 on TV ... 'Animal Emergency' so that's why its taken me so long I think I'll be watching it again tomorrow as I've really enjoyed it but have cried in a few places . Its on from 3 - 4 weekdays.

See you all later.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »