View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
They've been so very through haven't they, just brilliant! My vets is a RCVS hospital, and they too like to be very thorough, it gives the trainees a chance to see different tests being done along with everything else I suppose, so you can't fault them.

I hope by the time you get there he'll leap up to greet you, but make sure you hand over all those sweeties before you see him!!! I do hope this will be the end of your nightmare Lynn, we all want to see him back home, all well again. Good luck.xxxxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Thank goodness xxxxx Still sending healing vibes and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery but thank goodness things are looking brighter and Oliie is soon to be home. YIPPEEEE Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
He does sound much better, so I'm hoping he leaps up when he sees you and they can assess him so he can come home with you.
I have to say it sounds like he has had wonderful treatment, with wonderful people in a wonderful place. They really do deserve those sweeties.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm so pleased to hear Ollie is coming home!!

Hope he's soon back to normal.

Hugs to you all from me and mine.
xxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh Lynn, I am so sorry, I have only just caught up with this thread, you poor thing and poor darling Ollie, I hope they have now found out what has caused all his problems and with meds and rest and your loving care he will get better, I bet he will be thrilled to see you and Gorden later!!

((((HUGS)))) all round to you from us xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry everybody not the good news we were hoping for.

She needed us there to see if he would stand up. Its not that he wouldn't he couldn't he dragged himself out of the cage to see us.

She got a big mat as he wet himself and cannot get a grip on a shiny floor let alone a wet one. The mat didn't help either those back legs are just not supporting him.

The spinal fluid problem showing up although small and she feels insignificant could indicate a possible stroke but she is still not convinced and at how quick this has come about. She did say though his legs are worse now than when we took him in he could stand then although wobbly. But they would collapse without warning. He also has a small pinch on a disc near his neck not significant enough for surgery and some arthritis in his back near to his shoulder and the fluid on his knee was not his left front one but his left back
knee.

She still has some tests too run she has not given up yet. She said she also wants too make sure the anesthetic is out of his system in case that may be hampering the progress but seeing him I think that was more for our benefit.

So he cannot come home and it was heartbreaking putting him back in the cage and my distress is if his legs are not going too work we will have too say goodbye and his last days will of been spent in a cage away from us and the last time we saw him we shut him away and left him.

We have agreed not to go again for a day or two so he bonds with them and it is not distressing for him thinking he is coming with us. This is all wait and see now but I am afraid after seeing him today I am not hopeful although she has told us she has seen dogs come in who couldn't walk and they have walked out. Heres hoping.

He is eating and was taking treats and ham from Nadia.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
That is not good, you must be so worn out and stressed, she is in the best place at the moment, so they can hopefully help her, it would be so hard to leaver her though, hugs to you xxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for Lynn, I've still got everything crossed for him xxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh Lynn, I have everything crossed too, that they can do something for Ollie and hope this is just a blip.((((HUGS)))) xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks all I have shed some tears again this morning over it all.
Page 15 of 123 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 65 115 > Last »