Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Tonight they were all great except John but I still love him
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Oh yes, still watching - and wasn't Rachel and Vincent's Rumba stunning?
Looking forward to the second show tonight - but still wishing they would broadcast it all on the same night.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I luuuurve strictly!
I have to say its got to the time when I'll be cross if good dancers are voted off and John stays. Although I have nothing against him really,( he does make me laugh) it just doesn't feel fair.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
I luuuurve strictly!
I have to say its got to the time when I'll be cross if good dancers are voted off and John stays. Although I have nothing against him really,( he does make me laugh) it just doesn't feel fair.
Couldn't agree more. It has gone past a joke now. I think JS is spoiling it. Really good dancers are being kicked off in place of John. It is no longer a dancing competition more a personality contest.
As much as I love John, if he had any integrity he would stand down now and let the dancers get on with it.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I do adore Strictly and I love seeing really good dancers - BUT - it is also an entertainment programme as Tess pointed out when James said something as he and Cherie were voted out.

I really don't see why John should step down - he is being voted back as per the rules - now if that gets your goat, petition for a change of rules.

If it was a STRICTLY dancing show, the public shouldn't be allowed to vote at all. I have a President's Award Dancing Trophy, but even I can't see all that goes on, because the cameras don't follow everything - they can't, truthfully.
So by allowing the public to vote, you do dilute the dancing element and make it entertainment too, because that is all we can vote on really - did I like it?

Everyone knows that when they agree to take part, whether judge or contender. No point grizzling then because it doesn't go how you want.

I also think, if you change the voting and make it completely judge only, this programme would die a death.
Just like Come Dancing did.

I think John will go in time - but others have gone right to the end - remember that young East Ender boy?
Public wanted him in - and the rules still haven't changed.
Its because it makes the programme popular.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes Pat, we've got the same argument going on in our house atm Not that I particularly like that John, I do feel, does it really matter It's not as if the winner is going to get an acadamy of dance placing is it, and afterall these ARE celebs, and it's for our entertainment. His argument is, it's still a DANCING comp and the best dancers should obviously stay IN! I won't lose any sleep over it that's for sure, and I never vote anyway, nor does o/h. I'll be interested to hear what's going on tonight in the It Takes Two show which we always watch, I love all the behind the scenes sniggering over this!!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I hope Tom and Austin get to the final as would love to see Erin or Camilla finally win, dont know who I would vote for though.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I do adore Strictly and I love seeing really good dancers - BUT - it is also an entertainment programme as Tess pointed out when James said something as he and Cherie were voted out.

I really don't see why John should step down - he is being voted back as per the rules - now if that gets your goat, petition for a change of rules.
I have been on the BBC website to do just that. Do you think it will make any difference?

If it was a STRICTLY dancing show, the public shouldn't be allowed to vote at all. I have a President's Award Dancing Trophy, but even I can't see all that goes on, because the cameras don't follow everything - they can't, truthfully.
So by allowing the public to vote, you do dilute the dancing element and make it entertainment too, because that is all we can vote on really - did I like it?
B****y cameras

Everyone knows that when they agree to take part, whether judge or contender. No point grizzling then because it doesn't go how you want.

I also think, if you change the voting and make it completely judge only, this programme would die a death.
Just like Come Dancing did.

I think John will go in time - but others have gone right to the end - remember that young East Ender boy?
Public wanted him in - and the rules still haven't changed.
Its because it makes the programme popular.
Nothing I do or say will change anything, it just helps me to be able to have a moan!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 01:40 PM
John Seargent has left Strictly
Anyone know why?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 01:46 PM
He says there was now a definate chance he could win and that was a joke too far even for him.

I respect him for this. I'm sad to see him go under these circumstances but I feel he has done the right thing.
I am also sure he now has a good career ahead of him in comedy
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >